COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody keeping up with the daily totals in graph form?
Here's a link to the UW prediction. There's a pull-down menu at the top of the web page. Not sure if it will open to the LA page... but it might. The total US prediction is there as well.

Yeah, all the beaches here in Cali are closed. I went for a drive yesterday along sunset cliffs and in Ocean Beach. They have the beach blocked off with yellow police tape and officers out patrolling to ensure people aren't going anyways.
Yet on the front page of the newspaper it shows the gorgeous beaches of Coronado still open with folks strolling away everywhere ? !!??

So it looks like Sunday was the more important factor once again than the actual numbers. Sad we can't even put together an accurate graph because it envolves a weekend.

Less than a week away from this single city being THE global epicenter of this entire thing. Absolutely astounding numbers.

One big takeaway for me is that Dr. Fauci says that he thinks with the extension until the end of April that will do it and that we might not need to extend past that. Let's pray that he's right.

One big takeaway for me is that Dr. Fauci says that he thinks with the extension until the end of April that will do it and that we might not need to extend past that. Let's pray that he's right.

We have to hope and pray that the general public has the patience to follow it through.

At least you can still drive out there and look at the beautiful scenery. I'd like to think that brings a bit of peace and tranquility?
Best part.......NO GRID LOCK!!!!! Even during rush hour???

Roads are pretty deserted.

The sad part is that it shows that millions of folks are not driving to & from their jobs.....hoping they will be able to survive, if they are not getting a paycheck.

LA has the highest fatality rate 4.6% in the nation for any state with at least 1000 cases. WA has done 2x the testing with a fatality rate of 4%. LA has a 13% positive rate and WA is at 7.5%. Almost 10% of LA cases are on ventilators. LA needs more testing to stop the spread.

My Mom called me last night. She's a bit terrified to go out. She has pretty much all the risk factors for this thing. I'm trying to find some masks to ship to her.
I have some masks, but they are the cheapy surgical masks, not the more secure masks. Do you want them?

If the NolaReady.gov alerts are any indications, the drive thru testing sites seem to be operating almost all day long now - for awhile they would send out an alert that they were open and then 2 hours later another alert saying they were done for the day (out of tests).

So either they have a lot more tests or a lot fewer symptomatic people getting tested.

LA has the highest fatality rate 4.6% in the nation for any state with at least 1000 cases. WA has done 2x the testing with a fatality rate of 4%. LA has a 13% positive rate and WA is at 7.5%. Almost 10% of LA cases are on ventilators. LA needs more testing to stop the spread.

unfortunately, I would say that part of the high number is due to our overall health. We have a lot of people who are overweight and not in the best of shape. ?

I hate sensational articles like in the LA Times today. 25 year old pharmacy tech dies. Had no risk factors. How do they know? I mean seriously. The way medical histories are so guarded anymore how would they know? Heck the kid never even went to the doctor. How do we know he wasn’t a 400 pound drug user who worked as a pharmacist? Come on news media. This is bad enough quit stoking the panic.

unfortunately, I would say that part of the high number is due to our overall health. We have a lot of people who are overweight and not in the best of shape. ?
Yeah that’s why I’ve always worried about Louisiana, Mississippi, Appalachia and the older run down rust belt. Poverty, drug use, health issues all through those populations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom