COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have trouble believing these. For example, last number I heard today was that Louisiana, statewide, for all the hospitalized Covid19 patients - only 385 are currently on ventilators. Our governer is saying we will run out in about a week and need 14,000 more. Explain to me how we come to that number.

As for the "shortage" of hospital beds, again, the numbers do not add up. At all. I call bull on the media and fear mongers who would like nothing more than to push that narrative.

In Palm Beach County in Florida, there are 514 cases of Covid19, yet of these, only 54 are hospitalized - not due to a shortage of beds, but because those are the ones requiring hospitalization.

In California, where you'd expect there to be much more rapid spread due to all the air travel from Asia, of the average 700+ deaths that happen every day in California (not counting abortions), they average less than 2 per day to Covid19.

In Chicago, where there have been over 100 violent deaths in the last two months, there have been less than 80 Covid19 related deaths.

Covid19 is serious, but it isn't black plague serious, and these bed shortages / ventilator shortages are being extremely exaggerated. The reporting has been awfully quiet on the amount of people who are hospitalized, the amount of people who don't need hospitalization, and the amount of people who have recovered without having received any special medical treatment.

Mods, you're going to have to jump in here before it gets weird.

Just heard on TV that by 04/15 (about two weeks), we are projected to be 60,000 hospital beds short as a nation. That'll be when the death rate starts to quickly catch up with our infected number, a death rate that has been below that of other nations thus far. Heck, it has already started to a certain degree.

Stay safe folks.

Terrible. Ugh! Now, does that include the beds built in the Convention Center and other places around the country?

La getting 150 ventilators from the National Stockpile. Says this doesn't really change the April 4th date.

Maybe this will help those clinging to conspiracy theories:

If they are still clinging, nothing short of zombies will convince them
Maybe not even that. I could see them watching zombies eat people and cursing the media the entire time

New Orleans has 1834 cases so far. Does anyone know what it was yesterday? Would be interesting to see if the increase is mostly in the city or other parishes. I only have the numbers for Louisiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom