COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you see a bunch of politicized posts being deleted, by the same people, there's a good chance the next step is to remove that person's ability to post on this thread.

This is not the thread to hash that out.

So .66% is the death rate based on this research that contains a lot of conjecture. Either way, a virus that is spreading this easily and quickly killing .66% of the people that get it is still a HUGE deal. I don't see how anyone doesn't get that.

That said, if you put your analytical cap on and really dig into the premise of this article, for them to say that only .66% is the true death rate while the 4% death rate are merely known cases, that assumes that there are 3.34% more cases of the virus throughout the whole population and it is not included in the total numbers, which seems like an absurdly high number on a global scale. It also assumes that every single one of the undocumented cases around the globe did not result in a death.

I need to analyze my math more, because I actually think my number in this analysis should be higher than 3.34%. It may be a number closer to 76% more unknown cases that did not result in a death, but my brain is too fried at this point of the day.

If 4% death rate is known cases, to get to a "true" 0.66% death rate means for every one known case, there are 5 unknown cases.

When you see a bunch of politicized posts being deleted, by the same people, there's a good chance the next step is to remove that person's ability to post on this thread.

This is not the thread to hash that out.
Sharon laying down the hammer!

Like I always say, this thread needs more charts / graphs/ tables / diagrams.

Florida data through yesterday. It’s a big spike but I at least like how the hospitalization isn’t spiking with case count.

This just shows that they are testing more. It's a "good news" graph in the sense that it's another piece of anecdotal evidence that there are a lot of cases out there that we don't know about due to lack of testing and people with low-end symptoms not bothering with treatment. But it's not really shocking either way.

If 4% death rate is known cases, to get to a "true" 0.66% death rate means for every one known case, there are 5 unknown cases.

Thanks man. I just didn’t have the energy after a long work day looking at spreadsheets.

And if what you say is accurate, that completely throws this .66% thing out the door in my opinion.

Thanks man. I just didn’t have the energy after a long work day looking at spreadsheets.

And if what you say is accurate, that completely throws this .66% thing out the door in my opinion.

Why is that? There has been a lot circulating about asymptomatic cases. Add that to the ones that are so minor people dont get tested and it is completely possible

Why is that? There has been a lot circulating about asymptomatic cases. Add that to the ones that are so minor people dont get tested and it is completely possible

So you believe there are currently over 5,000,000 people walking our planet right now with Coronavirus?

Florida did that to themselves. Just flat out stupid.
Did you read about the dad, who had a son down there with the spring breakers?

After his son flew back home, the dad refused to allow him to be in the house. The dad told his son, “grandma & grandpa live in this house & I am not going to let you infect them with whatever you have been exposed to while on spring break.”
So they put a bunch of food in the kid’s car & he was not allowed in the house.

The kid eventually just returned to his off campus apartment at whatever college he was attending.

That was a smart dad. ?

Interesting, and @Brennan77 this veers into some of what you and I were talking about. When I saw that one family where 4 or 5 of them died from COVID at relatively young age and they were all very very obese, that stuck out to me as a yellow flag. I don't mean to be insensitive to the family or to anyone who struggles with weight. I just mean from an observational standpoint, that set off some alarms in my head. You have 4 or 5 people in the same family who all fall into age brackets with like a one half of one percent fatality rate. The chances of that happening in a vacuum are around 1 in 1.6 billion. It wasn't coincidence.

So you believe there are currently 4,000,000 people walking our planet right now with Coronavirus?

With it or had it? Easily
Havent we heard that only about 20% will need medical attention? Factor that in with the fact that there is no way on Gods green earth that China restricted it to the Wuhan vicinity and then add in the middle east, Russia, India, and other countries we know nothing about

Do we have actual global laws? Like Murder? Is that a global law?

Or eating a friggin bat, or monkey steaks, or canine tenders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom