COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering about what is separating the serious cases from the not-so-serious ones. It seems that viral load is a big deal. My totally non-medically trained hypothesis is that those picking up the virus via touching contaminated items and then touching their face, etc. might be introducing a small dose of virus into the body as far away from the critical organs as possible in transmission (meaning it has to do some traveling to get to the lungs) and are almost giving themselves a vaccine like dose. It gets in the sinus cavity and creates some havoc, but the body is putting up a good fight to keep it out of the lower respiratory system. On the other hand, those that are inhaling the virus and bringing it directly into the lungs are short circuiting this journey and thereby the body's ability to fight it off. Medical professionals are usually meticulous about their hand hygiene, etc. and would avoid that kind of infection, but when their PPE doesn't fit perfectly that one time and they inhale a big dose of the virus, suddenly they become one of the severe cases.

Again, no science to back this up. Just trying to make sense of the what, why, and how.

That's why the "experts" are saying to try to drink a bit of water every 15 minutes. They say that if you happen to get a bit of the virus in your mouth, wash it down to your stomach, because the acid/juices will kill the virus, in that the virus cannot survive in that environment.

So the theory is, much better down the esophagous & into your stomach, before it can travel down your airway and into your lungs.

Hope this makes sense.......of course nobody would know if they accidently had the virus in their mouth, but, by being mindful of always having water with you, and to keep taking a swig at frequent intervals, it will help to keep you safe.

Hope this is not just, "an old wives tale." lol

Master class in moving the goal posts.

a month ago tomorrow was supposed to be the day we all forgot about Corona because 15 cases was going to be the peak(so was said). Why we didn’t need to do anything. A day out and we are talking about a quarter million dead not out of the realm. How if they keep it lower they should be treated like national hero’s.

You aint ever spoken more truth
Personally I think it would be pretty cool if we could get Rep. Steve Scalise or another politico on here and have a little town hall on the SR forum. While we have nothing going on. He could answer our questions. Just throwing it out there. Nothing offensive. We just want to make sure our concerns are being addressed.

Personally I think it would be pretty cool if we could get Rep. Steve Scalise or another politico on here and have a little town hall on the SR forum. While we have nothing going on. He could answer our questions. Just throwing it out there. Nothing offensive. We just want to make sure our concerns are being addressed.
Yeah, I'll kindly pass on getting health information from politicians. That's how we got into the position we are in.

Yeah, I'll kindly pass on getting health information from politicians. That's how we got into the position we are in.
True, but they can get us of it too.

China basketball League delayed their season again. You might be right about those China numbers not being right.

Last edited:
They had to cut to commercial on CNN. The mayor of Seattle just told Don Lemon that she hopes his buddy, Chris Cuomo, gets over his Covid virus......and Don Lemon was going to cry. He said, "I know, I am really worried about him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom