COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But really, how many people watch Squawk Box? I used to watch it regularly when I was working as an FA, but that was over 10 years ago.

There needs to be more of this on the major networks. Maybe they're doing that, but I rarely watch tv news these days.

There's plenty of coverage out there, I don't think lack of information is a problem.

Squawk is watched (and listened to) in large numbers in the financial industry, they have access to really quality guests.

This is just disturbing. I keep thinking about my brother in laws visiting here last week after flying back from Korea.

Wife has 2 sisters who live in Seoul. I just hope they're able to avoid it. The highest concentration of cases are in another province, but still, feels too close to home.

The entire Republic of Korea is about half the size of Hubei province by area (38K sq. miles versus 77K sq. miles).

There's plenty of coverage out there, I don't think lack of information is a problem.

Squawk is watched (and listened to) in large numbers in the financial industry, they have access to really quality guests.

Yep, they've always been a pretty good show and the guests are almost always solid.

And yeah, you're probably right. It's more a matter of getting people to pay attention and realize this isn't another ordinary virus.

I think we as a country have gotten complacent and if we're not careful, it will be too late for too many people.

But really, how many people watch Squawk Box? I used to watch it regularly when I was working as an FA, but that was over 10 years ago.

There needs to be more of this on the major networks. Maybe they're doing that, but I rarely watch tv news these days.
I am with a financial regulatory agency, we are always slow to things. Lol.

World Health Organization will hold press confrerence at 8:45. I fully expect them to announce a pandemic (way too late) and the message to be quite doom and gloom so get ready, could shake markets hard.

Yeah, I suspect closer to 2 zeroes than one.

And here is the issue with not proper reporting.

Iran is showing a 10% mortality rate. IS that accurate? If the numbers were more like 2450 cases and 26 fatalities, then its closer to the 1-2% rate that we have all seen from every other country. Too much misinformation muddies the waters and creates fear and uncertainty when we shouldnt have any.

maddening.

And here is the issue with not proper reporting.

Iran is showing a 10% mortality rate. IS that accurate? If the numbers were more like 2450 cases and 26 fatalities, then its closer to the 1-2% rate that we have all seen from every other country. Too much misinformation muddies the waters and creates fear and uncertainty when we shouldnt have any.

maddening.

That's the thing, Iran's numbers aren't consistent with what's come out everywhere else. And we're getting reports of multiple deaths, 9 in a single hospital on the same day. What else is going on that we don't know about. Their leaders are getting sick too. Not good because their government is a mess right now.

I believe the number of deaths is probably in the 300-500 range and actual cases are 25000+.

What all supplies would actually be useful to go ahead and buy? if not already too late

This is just my opinion, but I don't see the need for masks and will not buy any. I don't wear them during widespread flu outbreaks so why start now? But you could focus on stuff to treat the symptoms like acetominophen, ibuprofen and flu/cold medications and maybe some elderberry gummies. When flu was rampant in my house, I started taking elderberry. Even though I did start to get sick, I never got the full-blown flu. I'd like to think the elderberry helped.

This is just my opinion, but I don't see the need for masks and will not buy any. I don't wear them during widespread flu outbreaks so why start now? But you could focus on stuff to treat the symptoms like acetominophen, ibuprofen and flu/cold medications and maybe some elderberry gummies. When flu was rampant in my house, I started taking elderberry. Even though I did start to get sick, I never got the full-blown flu. I'd like to think the elderberry helped.

my wife SWEARS by it, as do i ( elderberry ) but i just cant help but think of Monty Python every time i take em. My kids are force fed them.

Shoot i just mailed a bottle of em to my sister in Florence lol. ( along with other items )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom