COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must’ve missed the decades of warnings about eating crawfish from all the infectious disease experts.
On the other hand, haven’t they been saying for decades that the wet markets in China would inevitably lead to something like this?

The Doctor that was on the Joe Rogan show said that. What are those people supposed to do though? starve?

Last I read they think a bat infected a pangolin? (Kind of anteater) and eating that passed to humans

And I assume that the Chinese have been eating both for centuries or longer

To me this is like calling it the Chinese or Wuhan virus

Just a subtle (or not so subtle) way to say

This is all happening because of THOSE foreign people in THAT foreign country

Bringing up the bat just adds to it

This is all happening because THOSE foreign people in THAT foreign country EAT filthy vermin because of their primitive backwards foreign ways

Thats a whole lot of assuming to reach a predetermined conclusion

What's up with DeSantis refusing to issue a stay at home order?

Honestly, not sure.

I think it's just so different in South Florida, since, other than "essential" workers, we are pretty much on a stay home order. So, the areas with the most cases and highest probability of spread are as locked down as the US seems to be doing.

I think all of the major counties (population wise) are on something similar. Areas that are rural and have little to no cases (also limited testing, but that is because of limited symptoms). Disease is less likely to spread, since those areas naturally interact less. I don't know if the local churches in those counties are mostly shut down like ours.

I'm starting to think this thread has outlived its usefulness, just based on the last few pages. Arguments about arguing about politics, rants about bats and crawfish, people literally telling others their apocalyptic analyses aren't apocalyptic enough.

It's baffling. And beaches took forever to close. I think a few are still open. I don't get it.

Some, yes. It was short sighted around Tampa, but all of the beaches in South Florida closed weeks ago.

I'm starting to think this thread has outlived its usefulness, just based on the last few pages.

Threads on EE are like the oceans. They have tides that go back and forth. Sometimes something nasty is washed on to shore. Sometimes a riptide takes you in deep and you drown.
Anyway, you don't dismiss a thread just because there are a few dozen bad pages.

EDIT: Sometimes something strange and unknown brushes your leg. You get really scared and wonder why you are there in the first place and if its really worth it.

Last edited:
Not nearly as refined as boiling a bottom-dwelling arthropod alive, then ripping it in half before sucking out the juices from its head and devouring the meat from its tail.
Or how a chunk of the world views eating pork. Pigs, which also have diseases that can be transferred to humans, like the Flu.

Last I read they think a bat infected a pangolin? (Kind of anteater) and eating that passed to humans

And I assume that the Chinese have been eating both for centuries or longer

To me this is like calling it the Chinese or Wuhan virus

Just a subtle (or not so subtle) way to say

This is all happening because of THOSE foreign people in THAT foreign country

Bringing up the bat just adds to it

This is all happening because THOSE foreign people in THAT foreign country EAT filthy vermin because of their primitive backwards foreign ways
Thank you. It's straight out of the fascist handbook. Dehumanize somebody and give your troubled people someone to look down on.

Jesus I literally said "pro-bat propaganda" and some of you think it was meant seriously and not as a joke
I wasn't sure. You should meet my coworkers .

Right now I work with a guy who is convinced that Covid19 has been cured because one of his nut job Facebook groups posted about chloroquine.

It's pretty far fetched for a lot of reasons, chiefly that literally hundreds of millions of pounds of crawfish are harvested and consumed worldwide and have resulted in zero pandemics (or even notable viral outbreaks of any sort, aside from food poisoning), and a virus randomly mutating and jumping from an anthropod to a human is way less likely to happen than from one mammal to another. Random viruses jumping from species to species is uncommon enough, but from a whole different phylum? Even less likely.

So let's end this line of comparison now, because its literally baseless and pointless.

The comparison isn't "the animal most likely to spread disease" but that all cultures have odd food traditions and to single out a country for theirs because it's different from yours is borderline racist, at best.

Honestly, not sure.

I think it's just so different in South Florida, since, other than "essential" workers, we are pretty much on a stay home order. So, the areas with the most cases and highest probability of spread are as locked down as the US seems to be doing.

I think all of the major counties (population wise) are on something similar. Areas that are rural and have little to no cases (also limited testing, but that is because of limited symptoms). Disease is less likely to spread, since those areas naturally interact less. I don't know if the local churches in those counties are mostly shut down like ours.

DeSantis is looking to drive "Florida Man" into extinction. Frankly it's a sensible plan.

I wasn't sure. You should meet my coworkers .

Right now I work with a guy who is convinced that Covid19 has been cured because one of his nut job Facebook groups posted about chloroquine.

Oh oh oh I have you beat. My mother in law read on Facebook that a hair dryer kills coronavirus. So she took her old blow dryer, some duct tape and made like a cone end to it and blows the hot air from the hair dryer up her nose a few times a day to make sure she’s killing all the virus. When my wife was on the phone with her mom it took everything I had not to bust up at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom