COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under the order it looks like we can...not completely sure though.
FAQ's:
Can I take my kids to the park?
Families will still be able to go outside, including to parks and outdoor spaces that remain open, and take a walk, run, or bike ride but should continue to practice social distancing by remaining 6 feet away from other people. Playgrounds are closed because they pose a high risk of increasing transmission.

Can I leave home to exercise?
Yes. Outdoor exercise like running or taking a walk is perfectly acceptable; however, exercise gyms, fitness centers and associated facilities are closed to reduce the spread of coronavirus. While exercising outside, you should still practice social distancing by running or walking at least six feet away from other people.

That makes it sound like we can but I'm not sure if they mean you can drive to one or it has to be a neighborhood type thing.

Fill a super soaker with bleach disinfecting solution and hose down anything you want to touch. Let the kids do it. They will enjoy it. Just dont spray each other unless you plan on tie dying your clothes.

As long as you’re responsible and avoid others outside your household I don’t think anyone’s going to give you a hard time about it. Try not to touch anything that may have had others touching recently.

I’ve been taking my son out on his scooter or bike around the neighborhood everyday. Anyone else out always leave the sidewalk and walk around us in the bike lane so my son doesn’t have to ride in the street.

In our area we’re allowed to drive to get where we need to go, as long as it is open.
Fill a super soaker with bleach disinfecting solution and hose down anything you want to touch. Let the kids do it. They will enjoy it. Just dont spray each other unless you plan on tie dying your clothes.
Haha on the bleach. 3 kids + bleach = the things nightmares are made of.
Where we're going is literally smack in the middle of 140,000 acres of national Forest. Even during the busiest weekend of hunting season I may see 3-4 people. There won't be a single person for miles...literally.

Last edited:
I understand what St. PJ is saying...... I am sure most of you all do as well... and if you folks stop trying to pick apart his post for a second... I think most of you would agree with the premise of what he's saying, and maybe disagree with some finer debatable parts of his opinion about it... most of which are unknowns (even by the most "plugged in" people that are on the front lines of this) at this point and a matter of opinion and educated deduction of how future events will play out...

Is every number being reported valid? Who knows... Probably not by a long shot. Of every confirmed case where someone has been tested, hospitalized, ventilated, or died (or all of the above)... there are probably exponentially more cases where someone has it, experiences little to no symptoms, never gets tested, never gets hospitalized, and recovers without treatment (and is never part of these numbers)... so how could they be accurate from a pure numbers or percentage standpoint? We can estimate and guess based on other factors or scenarios... but those are also just that... a guess.

It makes sense that the numbers will never be close to 100% right until everyone it tested... and if we never get to test everyone... they will never be 100% accurate...

In fact, WWL showed a stat last night that... In LA only ~700 people per 100,000 has been tested for this... I'm not a math major.... but that means as a state we have tested less than >1% of our population.... and the national numbers are far less tested on average... that means that it's completely plausible that there is huge portion of the country that has the virus, has not been tested, and feels good enough to not be tested.... which totally skews the current numbers we see today...

So what he's saying is just as good as guess as anyone's... and his argument has merit..... even if you disagree with his deduction.

Can't wait until this is over so we can go back to arguing over which rich old guy we all hate the least.

Much love, stay safe, stay home... Out.

This is not how epidemiology works. You don't have to test everyone in the population to reach statistically significant conclusions.

So it's not as good a guess as anyone's guess because it's not based on sound analysis. Gut feelings and hunches don't carry the same weight as scientific evidence. We don't need to know all the mild cases to draw sound conclusions.

I really thought on it a few days now. Like I say...I'm on board with the stay at home thing. 2 of my kids haven't left the house at all in 3 weeks. My older son works so he's went to work a few days a week. There's just zero chance really we're going to need to stop and be around anyone else. I think it'll do far more good mentally than any risk there might be. If I felt like we were going to be around someone I definitely wouldn't go.
If you fo not play golf, do so. It is a great getaway on the weekend, or any day for that matter, especially now! You can pay online, show up, and tell the clubhouse cashier you have arrived. The carts are provided with a key and are brought to you. If you go to a legit place to play, they sanitize the carts with a spray after each round! The holes on each green, have a styrofoam insert around the flag stick, so you do not have to remove the flag from the hole. Very minimal to near nothing, as far as touching things. Also, request seperate carts if playing with a friend/friends. Most golf courses are providing separate carts without having to ask. Buying drinks, snacks, eating in the club house, is virtually non-existent, for obvious reasons. Bring your own. Golf course managers and pros understand. They need paying customers to help maintain the course, or they will become non playable very quickly. I will say this. The last three times my golf buddy and I have played, I did not realize how many golfers there were....LOL! THERE ARE LOTS OF NEW GOLFERS FOR SURE! This is a good thing!

If you fo not play golf, do so. It is a great getaway on the weekend, or any day for that matter, especially now! You can pay online, show up, and tell the clubhouse cashier you have arrived. The carts are provided with a key and are brought to you. If you go to a legit place to play, they sanitize the carts with a spray after each round! The holes on each green, have a styrofoam insert around the flag stick, so you do not have to remove the flag from the hole. Very minimal to near nothing, as far as touching things. Also, request seperate carts if playing with a friend/friends. Most golf courses are providing separate carts without having to ask. Buying drinks, snacks, eating in the club house, is virtually non-existent, for obvious reasons. Bring your own. Golf course managers and pros understand. They need paying customers to help maintain the course, or they will become non playable very quickly. I will say this. The last three times my golf buddy and I have played, I did not realize how many golfers there were....LOL! THERE ARE LOTS OF NEW GOLFERS FOR SURE! This is a good thing!

Our golf course closed because of the virus. My oldest is on the high school golf team and was rather disappointed.

How ridiculous would it be if you had the option of contracting the virus and self quarantining yourself for 28 days.

Like all generally healthy people on Feb 21st could have elected to be contracted.

Not getting better

Japan has been bad. The only reason their numbers were looking so neat is because they were flat out lying, not testing and trying to hold onto hopes of hosting the Olympics in a couple of months. Japan is in big trouble. I knew the second they cancelled the olympics the case load would explode, even said as much in here. Just shows how political every aspect of this thing has become. It's insanity.

How ridiculous would it be if you had the option of contracting the virus and self quarantining yourself for 28 days.

Like all generally healthy people on Feb 21st could have elected to be contracted.
Lot's of generally healthy folks are winding up in the hospital. I think it would essentially be a death sentence if you developed serious complications due to the overload on healthcare systems.

I am confused. The US is needing medical supplies badly, but we are sending medical supplies to other countries. Now I see that Russia is sending medical supplies to the US.

What exactly are we sending and receiving?

Go for it. Getting outdoors (responsibly) is hugely beneficial.

My wife and I live in a RV Resort where the internal road measures 1 1/2 miles. There is plenty of space to be outside and still keep the distance . Right now I have a vacant lot on each side of our lot. We ride our bikes for approximately 5 miles every other day. We walk the other days. About 2/3 of my neighbors are also biking or walking each day and we are all getting fitter. I have lost 10 pounds and my wife has 15 lost pounds in the last month or so. Being most of us are retired we all need to keep in shape just in case.

The other third of my neighbors are sitting in their RV or homes getting fatter. A neighbor told me that she has to start walking being I weigh less than she does. I told her to get off of her golf cart and walk instead of riding around the neighborhood. She said I was mean. Plus she has a heart condition and is about 15 years younger than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom