COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have kept my thoughts on this out of this thread, because I have never been a big conspiracy theory guy, but this is starting to strike me as extremely odd that cases keep popping up in these particular types of establishments, where it would just so happen to effect our most vulnerable citizens.

Maybe there is no conspiracy, but perhaps there is science to it?

Who knows.

DeSantis has bent to the EE's will. ;)

this is political. It’s also relevant.

the “both sides-ing” of this is stupid. We can be critical of individual elected leaders and their approaches to this - which can save or cost lives - without making it GOP or DEM.

DeSantis can be criticized. And if his slow response to this is damaging, then that’s fair game.

and if it’s Cuomo, then so be it.

I don’t see a lot of “both sides” when someone criticizes Inslee or Edwards or Cuomo or DeSantis or Cantrell or etc.

I see it when it’s at the federal level, for Congress and the White House.

if criticism of those state and local leaders is reasonable then Trump is fair game too.

again , this is not meant to be some place to grind a personal axe. People are making legitimate comments About policy decisions. It’s not about dem or rep.

if we are going to keep posting like this about DeSantis (and I havent heard a single person say “we can’t criticize him because both sides!”) then we can’t just draw some arbitrary line at the federal level too.

Correct.

Earlier we were using the BNO data but Worldmeters has done really good job of prompt and sourced reporting. The Johns Hopkins site is good for reliable data, but their process is slower - so the data is not as "real time" as Worldmeters. Though there is some risk that Worldmeters is less reliable than Johns Hopkins, after weeks of using it, I think that risk is very low - and easily correctable.

I have kept my thoughts on this out of this thread, because I have never been a big conspiracy theory guy, but this is starting to strike me as extremely odd that cases keep popping up in these particular types of establishments, where it would just so happen to effect our most vulnerable citizens.

Maybe there is no conspiracy, but maybe there is science to it?

Who knows.

I have no science,but I have a theory,before passing,my mom bounced around a few of these facilities and alot of the nurses work at multiple facilities. That would be a real easy way for it to get carried around

Louisiana had the worst 2018-19 flu season per the CDC with 14,000 infections and 1,400 deaths (on a per capita basis).

The pace for COVID-19 is much, much worse.
Says expecting 2900 deaths from flu this year. Wonder if this is all somehow related?

I have no science,but I have a theory,before passing,my mom bounced around a few of these facilities and alot of the nurses work at multiple facilities. That would be a real easy way for it to get carried around
That's exactly what happened here in WA state. They were asymptomatic and spread the disease unknowingly to multiple nursing home residents and employees.

That's right. Dr. Fauci spoke at length to this several times yesterday. Reporters kept coming back to the graph several times and I thought it was thoroughly discussed/clarified. He also noted the data models will be informed/updated daily so look for this to change along the way.

Yep, he repeatedly stated that the graph was based on current data and that as more data comes in it will be updated to be more accurate. Basically the graph was a prediction based on what they know at the time and as more comes in the more accurate it will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom