COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant stress this enough, especially since we're mostly under stay at home orders, have hobbies. Seeing a lot of people IRL that are going stir crazy because they never took time to cultivate several hobbies. Most people all of a sudden just got a ton of free time. Most of us are going to live this life until june/july assuming everything goes perfect to isolation plans.

No, netflix isnt a hobby either.
Personally, I find it amazing that someone would say, "I'm running out of things to do at home." This boggles my mind. I have endless hours of live TV available, plus at least a couple hundred hours of DVR recordings, PS4, books, comics, and the internet. Never mind the fact that I need time to eat, clean, cut grass, sleep, etc. My problem is that I still don't have enough time to catch up. There is literally not enough time for everything that I have at my disposal.

Personally, I find it amazing that someone would say, "I'm running out of things to do at home." This boggles my mind. I have endless hours of live TV available, plus at least a couple hundred hours of DVR recordings, PS4, books, comics, and the internet. Never mind the fact that I need time to eat, clean, cut grass, sleep, etc. My problem is that I still don't have enough time to catch up. There is literally not enough time for everything that I have at my disposal.
I've been spending a lot of time in my home recording studio singing vocal covers.
I'm always amazed how the hours fly by when I'm busy making vocal tracks and mixing them.
And it never seems to get old.

I fear this escalating more than I fear the virus.

Discrimination is "inappropriate"? What the fork kind of response is that? That doctor should be getting his gas / food / drinks for free because he's fighting cancer and this virus up close and personal. That gas station should have a massive boycott against it. Ugh, stupid humans.

More than likely though, we just need to get cases down to sub 1000 and have testing so widely available everyone gets multiple tests, plus an antibody test and system for people that have recovered to help keep things running. It's going to be super interesting to see how this thing plays out next fall.
Seems like we're going to have a short window of time between coming out of this wave and entering the next. In that window, we probably should be cranking out masks, ventilators, test kits, etc around the clock. Plus, serology testing as many people as is humanly possible and tracking that data extensively in order to predict which areas of the country are at greatest risk for the next wave.

Earlier in the week, we saw clusters in 28 long-term care facilities in Louisiana. It's now up to FORTY-SEVEN! This is a horrendous situation.

Long-term care facilities
The Department of Health has identified COVID-19 clusters in 47 long-term care facilities in the state. For context, there are a total of 436 nursing homes and adult residential care facilities in Louisiana. Below is the current list of confirmed clusters. These facilities have been notified by the Department of Health. A cluster is identified as two or more cases that appear to be connected. A cluster is considered cleared 28 days after the last positive test result.

Region 1
  • Bayside Health
  • Chateau de Notre Dame
  • Chateau Living Center
  • Good Samaritan Rehab and Nursing Center
  • Inspired Living Kenner
  • Jefferson Healthcare
  • Jo Ellen Smith Living Center
  • John Berchmans
  • Lambeth House
  • Marrero Health Care Center
  • Metairie Healthcare
  • Nouveau Marc
  • Poydras Home
  • River Palm Nursing and Rehab
  • Riverbend Nursing and Rehab
  • Saint Jude's Nursing Home
  • Saint Martin's Manor
  • St Anthony's Nursing Home
  • St Francis Villa Assisted Living
  • St Joseph of Harahan
  • The Suites at Algiers Point
  • Vista Shores Assisted Living
Region 2
  • Chateau D'Ville Rehab and Retirement
  • Flannery Oaks Guest House
  • Haven’s Gateway Personal Care Facility Inc.
  • Lakeview Manor Nursing Home
  • Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation
  • Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation of Port Allen
  • Ollie Steele Burden Manor Nursing Home
  • St. James Place - Highland Court Nursing Home
Region 3
  • Chateau Saint James
  • Luling Living Center
  • Ormond Nursing and Care Center
  • South East Louisiana Veterans Home
Region 6
  • Colonial Nursing Home
  • Evergreen Life Services
Region 7
  • Brookdale Shreveport Assisted Living
  • Montclair Park Assisted Living Center
  • Vivian Healthcare Center
Region 8
  • Cherry Ridge Skilled Nursing Facility
Region 9
  • Belle Maison
  • Forest Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
  • Green Briar Community Care
  • Guesthouse of Slidell Nursing Home
  • Oak Park Village
  • Pontchartrain Health Care
  • St. Anthony's Gardens

My issue is almost everything I want to do I need supplies from the store to do them so I quickly determine it isn't that important. I want to paint a room, fix some drywall, and re-do some card tables. All of which would require at least 1 trip to a hardware store. Right now I'm not going anywhere that isn't absolutely essential.

Discrimination is "inappropriate"? What the fork kind of response is that? That doctor should be getting his gas / food / drinks for free because he's fighting cancer and this virus up close and personal. That gas station should have a massive boycott against it. Ugh, stupid humans.
They won't boycott a business for such an act in that area.

"Thiebault Geyer said he wanted to say “sorry to God for my selfishness” after officials confirmed that around 2,500 of his parishioners have contracted coronavirus.

At least 17 of those have died after a mass outbreak of the virus among the thousands who attended a week-long gathering at the pastor’s Christian Open Door church in the eastern city of Mulhouse in February."

"Thiebault Geyer said he wanted to say “sorry to God for my selfishness” after officials confirmed that around 2,500 of his parishioners have contracted coronavirus.

At least 17 of those have died after a mass outbreak of the virus among the thousands who attended a week-long gathering at the pastor’s Christian Open Door church in the eastern city of Mulhouse in February."

sounds like 17 counts of murder would be appropriate in this case

I'm curious to see what country really makes the commitment to get to 0 cases, bans international travel and enforces borders along with putting up protective measures for international trade. Gets done with this whole thing in 2-3 months and goes back to being a normal country and economy.

Not sure it can even work but will be interesting to see if someone tries it. All it takes is one cult or sub section to really screw it all up by not reporting illness. I thought China would do it. They were probably 3 weeks away and closing borders from really putting the fire out but China has such massive borders that I don't know if they could have even done it. A country like South Korea or Japan could but South Korea got ahead of the virus and doesn't really need to and Japan just tried to pretend it wasn't happening. Israel seems to be the best bet at this point.

My top 3 guesses for first to zero is SK, Taiwan, and Israel. All three exist under existential threat which makes emergency planning critical to self-preservation. All three are leaders in IT and/or public health and share a strong national identity. All three have limited boarders which they can control. If I had to pick a European country, then maybe Iceland but only because they are an island nation.

My issue is almost everything I want to do I need supplies from the store to do them so I quickly determine it isn't that important. I want to paint a room, fix some drywall, and re-do some card tables. All of which would require at least 1 trip to a hardware store. Right now I'm not going anywhere that isn't absolutely essential.
Delivery not an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom