COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
France, Japan and UK all may be handling this worse than the US. All three started off better but quickly went to shirt.

For those thinking how would this be handled any different if Trump wasn't in office take a look at Macron. He pretty much hates Trump and is the opposite on pretty much every political aspect ever. Even enjoys trolling Trump whenever possible and his handling of this has been extremely poor.

the amount of inertia that has to be overcome to get the bureaucracy of a good size country moving pretty much makes quick, effective action impossible

There was no fear, nor was there panic. What I am taking from this is that people REALLY need to heed the stay at home philosophy because it is a smart cautionary measure. If I normally swim in a river and someone tells me there is a crocodile in that river, it isn't fear or panic to say, "Well, I think I will find another route until the croc is gone." Smh

I think the reaction is more because there is debate as to whether aerosolized spread is a real thing with this virus.

If his chain of command sat on this, then yeah, definitely a failure on their part. But I dont know the full story, so I'm curious how that actually happened.

Last edited:
I’m embarrassed that our state has to send out a emergency text to try and get people to abide by the stay at home order and stress how important it is. It’s worse than the Falcons having to be told to “rise up” in their stadium.

This is exactly what makes me nervous about takeout

Also I've eaten at this restauraent several times (their cheeseburger is great)
=============================================
Two Green Pig Bistro employees in Arlington have tested positive for coronavirus, the restaurant confirmed on Wednesday.

A statement on the bistro's Instagram page said the two employees have been recovering since March 26. Those employees had interaction with customers who were picking up take out food. They were not involved with the preparation of the food or worked in the kitchen.

While the restaurant had been closed for dine-in options, they were open for takeout until March 28. The bistro has since been completely closed and is in the process of being sanitized and disinfected, with plans on installing new environmental air systems to better filter the air as well as more hand sanitizing stations prior to reopening.

"Our customers, guests and employees safety is of utmost importance to us and we will do everything we need to in order to provide a healthy and nourishing restaurant," a social media post from the joint read.

The bistro opened in 2012 and is located one block away from a Trader Joe's that confirmed an employee tested positive for coronavirus on April 1.

While customers should take precautions, the Food and Drug Administration said as recently as Feb. 27, "We are not aware of any reports at this time of human illnesses that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging."...................

I’m embarrassed that our state has to send out a emergency text to try and get people to abide by the stay at home order and stress how important it is. It’s worse than the Falcons having to be told to “rise up” in their stadium.
To be fair, they were told it was just the flu and last week they were told the cure is worse than the disease. That's after they were told there is a treatment. That's after they were told it was a hoax by the democrats but before they were told it was the media trying to create panic.

We've undermined our own message so much that nobody knows what to think.

Two Green Pig Bistro employees in Arlington have tested positive for coronavirus, the restaurant confirmed on Wednesday.

A statement on the bistro's Instagram page said the two employees have been recovering since March 26. Those employees had interaction with customers who were picking up take out food. They were not involved with the preparation of the food or worked in the kitchen.

While the restaurant had been closed for dine-in options, they were open for takeout until March 28. The bistro has since been completely closed and is in the process of being sanitized and disinfected, with plans on installing new environmental air systems to better filter the air as well as more hand sanitizing stations prior to reopening.

"Our customers, guests and employees safety is of utmost importance to us and we will do everything we need to in order to provide a healthy and nourishing restaurant," a social media post from the joint read.

The bistro opened in 2012 and is located one block away from a Trader Joe's that confirmed an employee tested positive for coronavirus on April 1.

While customers should take precautions, the Food and Drug Administration said as recently as Feb. 27, "We are not aware of any reports at this time of human illnesses that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging."...................

yes.....I'll take an order of pulled pork with a side of Coronasauce

"Our customers, guests and employees safety is of utmost importance to us and we will do everything we need to in order to provide a healthy and nourishing restaurant," a social media post from the joint read....................

Truthfully, a confluence of odd events forced me to pick up food yesterday after swearing I wouldn't and I've been paranoid ever since, even after sanitizing, washing, etc. I won't be doing it again. It has completely wrecked my peace of mind.

France, Japan and UK all may be handling this worse than the US. All three started off better but quickly went to shirt.

For those thinking how would this be handled any different if Trump wasn't in office take a look at Macron. He pretty much hates Trump and is the opposite on pretty much every political aspect ever. Even enjoys trolling Trump whenever possible and his handling of this has been extremely poor.

What about Abe? What about Boris? What about Trudeau? What about Merkel? What about Putin? What about....

I mean, I don't know how effective - or even relevant - an argument is that we should be glad we have Trump because our only other option would be Macron.

Retweeted by the IHME...the group that created and updates the model that the Fed is using...I don't know if that was a message to Desantis or if they've updated their modeling numbers based on something else?

My Coscto run uniform
24473ebc-0513-460b-bd24-b3ffcf32afca-jpeg.135270

My wife was nagging me to wear at least a bandana to the grocery store. So I looked and the only one I had was one I got at Voodoo Fest a few years back that had a bunch of skulls on it. I put it on and said "ok here I go" expecting her to be embarrassed and tell me to take it off. Bluff called. Went to HEB with skulls bandana. Got funny looks. Nice little Monday.

My mom survived the coronavirus
by Kim Marshall
April 2, 2020
The Lens

On Saturday, my mom told me she was having trouble getting a deep breath. I sent a message to her doctor and called the state’s coronavirus information number. They told me to take her to Ochsner Urgent Care on Robert E. Lee Blvd.

When we arrived, I was asked to wait outside and they put a mask on her when she entered the building. The nurse practitioner told me on the phone that based on Mom’s chest X-ray, she believed it was coronavirus, and her oxygen level was dangerously low. She was sending mom to Ochsner Baptist in an ambulance. I was told there was no point in going to the hospital because I would not be allowed inside.

I had a battery pack for charging cell phones in my car, so I gave it to Mom as they put her in the ambulance. She was frightened and I tried to soothe her. As they drove away, I realized that I might not see her again.

Can you imagine trying to do this without cell phones? So happy she made it home okay. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom