COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I don't disagree with you. But you made the cardinal sin on not shirtting on a certain person and I know what happens next.

I think people are capable of giving credit where and when due and doing so without getting hammered when they deliver

In fact, I saw a *lot* of people just a couple of days ago fawning over the change in tone. And that’s not a big accomplishment.

“cardinal sin”? Cmon man. You’re not really giving most people around here enough credit.

My wife was nagging me to wear at least a bandana to the grocery store. So I looked and the only one I had was one I got at Voodoo Fest a few years back that had a bunch of skulls on it. I put it on and said "ok here I go" expecting her to be embarrassed and tell me to take it off. Bluff called. Went to HEB with skulls bandana. Got funny looks. Nice little Monday.

I would have looked at you funny. Sideways even. :hihi:

A day in the life of Dr. Fauci
================================

Facing down a viral coronavirus epidemic that threatens the well-being of Americans and the economy alike, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country's top infectious disease expert, may have one of the most intense jobs in the world right now.

If he's awake, he's at work. And he's getting only four or five hours of sleep a night.

In an interview on Tuesday with "The Daily," a New York Times podcast, Fauci said his work schedule reaches the outer limits of what he thought was possible.

"You're lucky if you get to bed before midnight," said Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984. "And then you get up at 4 or 5 in the morning."

"We are in a war," he said. "There's so much to do it's like drinking out of a firehose."

His day typically begins with providing up to date information to people around the country - like journalists, Congress members, and state and federal officials - "who constantly need briefing."

"And I also am running a very large institute that's responsible for making the vaccines and for developing the drugs. So I come in for a couple of hours and get things on the right track here," he said..................

I really hope when all this is behind us and things go back to 'normal' all these healthcare workers get some sort of big bonus from either their employers, the state or federal government, and a long paid vacation

I really hope when all this is behind us and things go back to 'normal' all these healthcare workers get some sort of big bonus from either their employers, the state or federal government, and a long paid vacation

Ya know, I was just thinking about this. President Trump said that this is a war. I tend to agree with him. Docs, Nurses, Paramedics, EMTs, and their supporting cast are the soldiers in this war and they are in active combat zones. Normally we give soldiers a pass on their income taxes when they are in a combat zone. I think that needs to happen for all of these people..

More about how the magnitude of the viral dose one is exposed to may impact the degree of the infection...

The stress my wife is under is unreal. I don't think we will be able to take our vacation to va beach the last 3 weeks of july like we have the last 9 years and my wife said yesterday she was still going to take her vacation time. I told her to try to move it up some. She's in the middle of a long stretch of days right now because she picked up some weekends before all this started not knowing this was in our future. She's off tomorrow and we gonna get a fire out back and get our drink on so she can blow off some steam.

Ya know, I was just thinking about this. President Trump said that this is a war. I tend to agree with him. Docs, Nurses, Paramedics, EMTs, and their supporting cast are the soldiers in this war and they are in active combat zones. Normally we give soldiers a pass on their income taxes when they are in a combat zone. I think that needs to happen for all of these people..
I'm ok with it in general, but we need to be careful. "Dad" has the wallet open, but he's using the credit card to pay for all this. At some point the bill is due. We're going to end up doubling our budget real quick, if we haven't already.

That tax bill is going to SUCK.

A day in the life of Dr. Fauci
================================

Facing down a viral coronavirus epidemic that threatens the well-being of Americans and the economy alike, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country's top infectious disease expert, may have one of the most intense jobs in the world right now.

If he's awake, he's at work. And he's getting only four or five hours of sleep a night.

In an interview on Tuesday with "The Daily," a New York Times podcast, Fauci said his work schedule reaches the outer limits of what he thought was possible.

"You're lucky if you get to bed before midnight," said Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984. "And then you get up at 4 or 5 in the morning."

"We are in a war," he said. "There's so much to do it's like drinking out of a firehose."

His day typically begins with providing up to date information to people around the country - like journalists, Congress members, and state and federal officials - "who constantly need briefing."

"And I also am running a very large institute that's responsible for making the vaccines and for developing the drugs. So I come in for a couple of hours and get things on the right track here," he said..................

Sounds like my time in Iraq. Lol. War like conditions my fellow who-dats.

I'm ok with it in general, but we need to be careful. "Dad" has the wallet open, but he's using the credit card to pay for all this. At some point the bill is due. We're going to end up doubling our budget real quick, if we haven't already.

That tax bill is going to SUCK.

Don’t worry the Ponzi scheme known as the Fed will make it all good. I kid....somewhat.

I sure hope so. We screwed up the way we handled first responders after 9/11, hopefully we don't do it again with our healthcare workers.

I sure hope so. We screwed up the way we handled first responders after 9/11, hopefully we don't do it again with our healthcare workers.

Meanwhile, in Utah...

Don’t worry the Ponzi scheme known as the Fed will make it all good. I kid....somewhat.

No that's very real.. The Dollar is still one of, if not the, highest valued currency. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if we started printing money.

They won't. My wife is an RN and she's been tasked to help out in the ICU here in DFW. They aren't even offering hazard pay or even a slight little bump in pay for the time being. She's a postpartum nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom