COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the land where they once dictated how big of a soft drink should be:

What’s the meaning of the snarky comment? I see nothing wrong, actually everything right with people who are nervous about spreading a disease coming from a high risk area isolating them self’s to not infect their families.

This is just the beginning imo. I'll be surprised if we don't see 1000 new per day within a week.
That exponential growth curve is showing up now.

I'm gonna throw out a theory on maybe why we haven't seen an explosion of cases here yet. Maybe it's cultural? What I'm thinking is we tend not to greet one another with hugs and kisses unless it's a spouse or relative. And generally, when having a casual conversation, we do so at a fairly greater distance than many other countries. Also, it seems we worry more about being clean, take more showers and have access to over the counter remedies than a lot of other nations.

Even though there have been scant few tests done, it sure seems like we've dodged the proverbial bullet to this point. That can all turn on a dime, but I was just thinking about why we've had so few cases here. It's a bit weird to be honest.

Probably started a reply and forgot about it. When you leave the thread and return, it will automatically populate the reply and if you're not paying attention, you'll end up posting that with the new reply. Happens to me every now and then and I have to scramble and delete it, heh.

I hate this feature.

I'm gonna throw out a theory on maybe why we haven't seen an explosion of cases here yet. Maybe it's cultural? What I'm thinking is we tend not to greet one another with hugs and kisses unless it's a spouse or relative. And generally, when having a casual conversation, we do so at a fairly greater distance than many other countries. Also, it seems we worry more about being clean, take more showers and have access to over the counter remedies than a lot of other nations.

Even though there have been scant few tests done, it sure seems like we've dodged the proverbial bullet to this point. That can all turn on a dime, but I was just thinking about why we've had so few cases here. It's a bit weird to be honest.

It’s coming - be assured. I have seen similar speculation from Africans about African blood being immune. It’s just timing and some luck, nothing more.

I think the US countermeasures for China were effective. But we haven’t done the same for other infected areas(ask: why?) and the virus is already here. We still haven’t adopted the same measures for ROK or Italy - the virus is likely still arriving.

I think San Fran and New York both have circulation and we’re going to see those cases show up over the next 48 hours to two weeks

Q: What's the best way to Dress Up a CoronaVirus?

I hate this feature.

I hear ya. I'm guessing the idea is that if you lose your spot, like a power outage or accidentally close a window, you're able to resume what you're working on. But if you change your mind and go to a different thread, it's still "saved" in the original thread window. You just have to scroll up and delete it, but normally won't notice it when posting a reply.

Its aggravating at times for sure.

Asians tend to bow.
There is a psychiatric hospital that confirmed 99 out of 102 patients. They were all in isolated room without contact.

America is where Super Viruses go to die SARS, PIG FLU, H1/N1, and probably The Corona Virus.

Asians tend to bow.
There is a psychiatric hospital that confirmed 99 out of 102 patients. They were all in isolated room without contact.

Or just look at the cruise ship. All of those people were infected after they made everyone stay in their cabins. I think they each had designated outside time but I am sure they were told to keep their distance from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom