COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, LuvNOLA!

You've never been to northern Hancock County, MS, have you? :hihi:
Every person who has ever tried to find their way to my house has gotten lost:
AT&T Cell Phones = ZERO coverage, no bars
Cell phone GPS = Enter my address and it sends you 20 miles in the wrong direction
Cell Tower Coverage = Reserved for C-Spire, home is in the approach zone of John C. Stennis International Airport , no new cell towers allowed and C-Spire won't share with AT&T
Postal Service = Says my house is in Perkinston, MS, Stone County
AT&T = Says my house is in Pass Christian, MS, Hancock County
Actual Physical location = Hancock County

Sounds like my place.
No combination of antennae or positioning thereof gets me broadcast TV.
The post office says I live in Yacolt but the Amboy location is within walking distance.
If you come from the east, Google will take you on a scenic journey through the Mt St Helens area before dropping you off on the wrong side of Lake Merwin.

We've had pizza delivered here exactly twice. When a friend of my daughters worked at the shop in Battle Ground and brought us the pies for an extra $20.

The nearest Walmart has online ordering and pickup, though. They bring out the groceries and load up the truck without anyone getting within six feet.

Are the majority of new cases still from a backlog of testing or it still new community spread? Also, how many are symptomatic and how many asymptomatic?

It seems like the numbers should be going down with shelter orders over the last week+.

You live in the Twilight Zone or something?
It gets creepier. After Katrina, the owner decided to pave the driveway and set up water and phone connections to sell or lease lots. Because of the length of the paved the driveway, he had to name it and register it with Hancock County. His wife had suffered a stillbirth, so they named the drive after the stillborn son, XXXXXXX Lane.

Meanwhile, in Perkinston, in Stone County, a developer put in a subdivision and named one of the streets the same name XXXXXXX Street.

Guess what happens when you type in the address to my house into GPS? Yep, it sends you to Stone County! Same thing with Google Maps. Strangely enough, Bing Maps (who the heck uses Bing anyway?) gets it right!

Wow........you must REALLY want to live there!!! ?

Twenty acres, the mail box is a quarter mile a way, the closest neighbor is over a mile away, we have all the free range chicken eggs we can eat and a freezer full of venison. Anybody who tries to come up to my door is greeted by three large dogs, a flock of very noisy, very territorial geese and three sets of gates to navigate. Why wouldn't I want to live here? :)

Sounds like my place.
No combination of antennae or positioning thereof gets me broadcast TV.
The post office says I live in Yacolt but the Amboy location is within walking distance.
If you come from the east, Google will take you on a scenic journey through the Mt St Helens area before dropping you off on the wrong side of Lake Merwin.

We've had pizza delivered here exactly twice. When a friend of my daughters worked at the shop in Battle Ground and brought us the pies for an extra $20.

The nearest Walmart has online ordering and pickup, though. They bring out the groceries and load up the truck without anyone getting within six feet.

My grandson lives in Battle Ground. Even there in town I'm lucky to get 2 bars.

Are the majority of new cases still from a backlog of testing or it still new community spread? Also, how many are symptomatic and how many asymptomatic?

It seems like the numbers should be going down with shelter orders over the last week+.
It takes about 3 weeks for the shelter in place to start flattening the curve. In China and Lombardi region of Italy the numbers kept going up until they really shut everything down and only a couple of cities have got to this point. Seattle and San Fransisco areas are the only cities that have really tried.

It takes about 3 weeks for the shelter in place to start flattening the curve. In China and Lombardi region of Italy the numbers kept going up until they really shut everything down and only a couple of cities have got to this point. Seattle and San Fransisco areas are the only cities that have really tried.
So we've got another rough week ahead in Louisiana. Maybe Easter will have us reaching the peak!

Is this guy saying that watching too much news can lead to stress and worry and that can affect your immune system or is he a moron?
=======================================================================================

The Ukrainian Krylov (26-7) most recently fought behind closed doors at UFC Brasilia last month, winning by unanimous decision against Johnny Walker. That event was the last the UFC was able to host before cancelling their most recent shows such as UFC London due to the outbreak of the virus.

Krylov spoke recently to RT about his unusual theory on the global pandemic.

“I’m trying not to think about it. I think to a large extent the coronavirus is transmitted through the TV. People who constantly think about it are at the biggest risk of being infected............

Is this guy saying that watching too much news can lead to stress and worry and that can affect your immune system or is he a moron?
=======================================================================================

The Ukrainian Krylov (26-7) most recently fought behind closed doors at UFC Brasilia last month, winning by unanimous decision against Johnny Walker. That event was the last the UFC was able to host before cancelling their most recent shows such as UFC London due to the outbreak of the virus.

Krylov spoke recently to RT about his unusual theory on the global pandemic.

“I’m trying not to think about it. I think to a large extent the coronavirus is transmitted through the TV. People who constantly think about it are at the biggest risk of being infected............

Don’t take medical advice from a UFC fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom