COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purely grocery pickup for me. Not going inside even with them limiting the number of people and all that.

We did the Walmart grocery pickup the first time last week and we will do it again.

My prescriptions are picked up at the drive up window. My wife's prescriptions (small town pharmacy) have a set up very similar to Walmart pick up. You park in a numbered spot, call them and they bring it out to you.

Good question. ALL of the technical journals and such on the virus are in agreement that the current pandemic is caused by a naturally occurring virus based on certain markers that are found or not found. They all pretty much state that if it were man-made, there would be tell tale signs left behind (like a fingerprint). These are all well respected science journals.

BUT, who's to say we are not being manipulated by the government? I don't really trust our own government, so its not impossible for them to be manipulating data or influencing scientists/publications.

It would seem like the US would be honest if China manufactured this, though. What benefit would it be to cover for them? Unless our hands are equally dirty! Hmmmmm
There are too many labs, here and abroad, that would all have to agree to the cover up. It's not just China and the US. That's why this line of thinking is a rabbit hole.

Good question. ALL of the technical journals and such on the virus are in agreement that the current pandemic is caused by a naturally occurring virus based on certain markers that are found or not found. They all pretty much state that if it were man-made, there would be tell tale signs left behind (like a fingerprint). These are all well respected science journals.

BUT, who's to say we are not being manipulated by the government? I don't really trust our own government, so its not impossible for them to be manipulating data or influencing scientists/publications.

It would seem like the US would be honest if China manufactured this, though. What benefit would it be to cover for them? Unless our hands are equally dirty! Hmmmmm

Don't want to go too far down the rabbit hole, but I'd say an American playing a part in it would be motivation enough.

Anything to this, or is it just a lame conspiracy theory?

EDIT: So this story did occur back on January 28th, and arrests were made, but nothing about COVID was mentioned. However, the China travel ban was instituted not long afterwards.

The virus isn’t manufactured and the travel ban resulted from the situation in Wuhan.

Other details? Who knows.

I had to go by the drive thru pharmacy last Sat. Only time I've left the house since the Monday before that. Anyway, the girl running the drive thru had on gloves. I also noticed she was using her forearm to wipe her brow and coughed into her elbow a time or two.

Before my card and medicine came back, I slathered sanitizer on my hands. When I got the card I made sure the whole thing was coated. I placed the bag on the floor using two fingers still wet with sanitizer. Once I got home, I got a wipe, pulled open the bag outside, threw it in the trash, wiped down the medicine bottle, my hands, and touched surfaces in the car.

I still haven't opened the bottle and thankfully don't need too for a while since I was already stocked on the medicine. This just extends my length of time before more needed.

Point being, I don't trust that it wasn't going around inside that pharmacy as it was filled. Those pills could be coated and the air inside it questionable.

The thing I like about gloves is that it naturally stops you from wanting to touch your face with your hands. I think we all have learned over the past 3 weeks or so that we all liked to touch our faces a lot more than we realized. Wearing them is effective in short spurts, say for instance you're needing to count a lot of cash for a few minutes before taking them off.

That said, while wearing does indeed make you not touch your face, you also don't really sanitize them, so essentially all you're doing is letting bacteria build up on your hands and infecting everything you touch if there's something on them, especially with it being invisible.

Think about it, if you wear gloves to season chicken or some other meat product prone to bacteria, you go out of your way not to touch anything until you take the gloves off, because the bacteria, or the substance holding the bacteria, is a slimy substance you don't want to touch anything else. With an invisible virus that can transmit even on semi-dry surfaces, you're not doing that.

So I find it silly and downright unwittingly selfish when I see people in grocery stores with gloves on, because all they're doing is increasing the odds of transmitting the virus to others, and when you really think about it, themselves as well once they get to the car or to the house and take them off to put their groceries away.

The virus isn’t manufactured and the travel ban resulted from the situation in Wuhan.

Other details? Who knows.

This seems to be a situation in Wuhan.

From the Department of Justice website detailing the arrests:

These grants require the disclosure of significant foreign financial conflicts of interest, including financial support from foreign governments or foreign entities. Unbeknownst to Harvard University beginning in 2011, Lieber became a “Strategic Scientist” at Wuhan University of Technology (WUT) in China and was a contractual participant in China’s Thousand Talents Plan from in or about 2012 to 2017.

Granted, I know that this would be much more widely reported if there was any merit to it, but man, it does make you wonder. Plus Donald did casually reference the virus maybe being artificial in one of his briefings this past week, but he very well could have just misspoke, which he tends to do every now and then.

I would think that it wouldn't want to be announced if this was actually a weapon. I think people would go bananas if they knew that this was either lab created, which it doesn't appear to be, or even naturally occurring and manipulated to infect humans. The thought of it actually being a weapon would incite panic on an unbelievable scale.

It wouldn't serve anyone's best interest to announce that right now even if it were true.

In some far away galaxy Thanos is snapping his fingers and smiling.

So, would the effect of the snap travel at the speed of light? Or be ubiquitous all at once? It appeared in the movie that it wasn't all at the same moment. He could have theoretically snapped millions or even billions of years ago depending on location and the time it takes to feel the effect.

Last edited:
The thing I like about gloves is that it naturally stops you from wanting to touch your face with your hands. I think we all have learned over the past 3 weeks or so that we all liked to touch our faces a lot more than we realized. Wearing them is effective in short spurts, say for instance you're needing to count a lot of cash for a few minutes before taking them off.

That said, while wearing does indeed make you not touch your face, you also don't really sanitize them, so essentially all you're doing is letting bacteria build up on your hands and infecting everything you touch if there's something on them, especially with it being invisible.

Think about it, if you wear gloves to season chicken or some other meat product prone to bacteria, you go out of your way not to touch anything until you take the gloves off, because the bacteria, or the substance holding the bacteria, is a slimy substance you don't want to touch anything else. With an invisible virus that can transmit even on semi-dry surfaces, you're not doing that.

So I find it silly and downright unwittingly selfish when I see people in grocery stores with gloves on, because all they're doing is increasing the odds of transmitting the virus to others, and when you really think about it, themselves as well once they get to the car or to the house and take them off to put their groceries away.

This is a false assumption.

I wear gloves in the stores. I do not take bags and just put everything in the basket. When I get to the car I take one glove off and open the trunk. I keep a spray bottle with bleach solution and paper towels in there and then use them to disinfect all of the groceries in the buggy. Then I take off the other glove and use hand sanitizer. Then I transfer the clean groceries into the trunk. Then hand sanitizer again before entering the car. Nothing goes into the car unless its disinfected. Inclusing myself. I do the same with all mail. Nothing goes into the house or car unless it's been disinfected.

I would like to talk a bit about Albany Georgia. Why are there so many cases there? Popular gas stop for people leaving after spring break?
maybe someone answered this already, but i heard an NPR thing a few days ago - if i remember correctly there were 2 big functions - maybe a wedding and a funeral or something so lots of transmission
it's also a very poor place so a lot of compromised health to begin with

This seems to be a situation in Wuhan.

From the Department of Justice website detailing the arrests:

Granted, I know that this would be much more widely reported if there was any merit to it, but man, it does make you wonder. Plus Donald did casually reference the virus maybe being artificial in one of his briefings this past week, but he very well could have just misspoke, which he tends to do every now and then.

I have read enough about the virology - in actual genome studies and analysis by academic virologists around the world to be confident that the virus is naturally occurring. It is not artificial, it was not engineered. That is because the virus has a blueprint, a DNA of sorts that cannot be manipulated by governments or media or conspiracy. It is easy to get a sample of the virus, any lab (and there are thousands around the globe) running tests has access to the virus. The nature and properties of the virus are pure science, and not subject to manipulation (how it is described in some instances can be, but the virus itself isn't).

That doesn't mean that it wasn't being studied in the Wuhan lab after isolation from a zoological source. I don't think that it "escaped" from the lab, but I wouldn't bet my life on it - I wouldn't be truly shocked if that's what happened. But I personally don't think that's what happened. If there's real evidence and legitimate discussion about that idea I'd consider it. But I think these kinds of episodes very easily fall into conspiracies and manipulations that have a certain appeal to people that I don't really fully understand - it's a human behavior. I can understand entertaining the possibility but it seems that many people freely embrace those kinds of constructs with very little actual evidence, even when it's contrary to fairly solid scientific evidence. I think it must involve different parts of the brain or something.

Last edited:
so i heard this in passing on the radio, but didn't hear any detail
seemingly hospitals will soon be faced with some hardcore triage decisions
who decides who gets treatment and what is that decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom