COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So should we not be trusting them when they tell us to take vaccines and that the vaccines don't cause Autism?

We should believe good science and reasonable logic. There is zero credit evidence that vaccines cause autism. There have been a ton of good studies that have demonstrated as such, and one poorly conducted study with falsified information that disagrees.

Physicians and scientists mean well but I think that many are maternalistic to a fault.

We should believe good science and reasonable logic. There is zero credit evidence that vaccines cause autism. There have been a ton of good studies that have demonstrated as such, and one poorly conducted study with falsified information that disagrees.

Physicians and scientists mean well but I think that many are maternalistic to a fault.

I'm sure they are. I mean, many probably get into medicine because they actually do want to help people. And then med school gives them a god complex. But, I mean, if we don't listen to doctor's and scientists, who should we listen to on issues involving science and medicine? I mean, I know the answer isn't lawyers and most politicians are lawyers.

And at least you know that doctors at least have your best interest in mind even if they are overprotective. I can guarantee you that isn't the case with lawyers or politicians.

What is your solution - stay holed up forever? If I lived in a heavily populated area I would probably stayed holed up. In the rural areas the virus is not that bad. If people are afraid to go to work or go out and about stay home. The county I live in only has 222 positive cases and 5 deaths.

Same thing here. On an island no less. 75 positive cases with only 1 active right now. Yes 1 active case. We are in phase 1 of reopening yet are still on a stay at home order until May 31st.

My thought is will they consider 1 or 2 new cases a cause to lock things down again? Since 2 new cases will be an increase. I like the phased approach but how many cases will it take for them to want to lock it down again? I'm not sure 1 or 2 cases is a big deal.

I guess our goals here are no cases with rolling lock downs whenever a new case shows up.

Dont take this as an invitation to get political. This thread outlines some points about our phase 1 reopening.

Another medical paper finding no clinical benefit to hydroxychloroquine.

Chuck. I haven't read these but I did see some older work on SARS that stated the timing of administration made a large difference. It only appeared to have a benefit when given very early on. Are these new studies stratified for the timing of when the drug is given in terms of early or late?

Edit: After a quick scan of this one it doesn't appear they looked at the timing of drug administration. This can have a large effect on outcomes. It might not be time to dismiss it yet as it may still be beneficial for some people.

I'm sure they are. I mean, many probably get into medicine because they actually do want to help people. And then med school gives them a god complex. But, I mean, if we don't listen to doctor's and scientists, who should we listen to on issues involving science and medicine? I mean, I know the answer isn't lawyers and most politicians are lawyers.

And at least you know that doctors at least have your best interest in mind even if they are overprotective. I can guarantee you that isn't the case with lawyers or politicians.

If it was up to many of my doctor friends I’m convinced that we’d NEVER reopen. Many are convinced that we must uphold strict social distancing at its current level until COVID is eradicated. Seeing people starve in the streets from hunger be damned. It’s not based on science...it’s based on fear, wishful thinking, inability to accept difficult truths, and their own personal bias. God love them...they do care about people...but in a short-sighted, narrow focused type of way.

If it was up to many of my doctor friends I’m convinced that we’d NEVER reopen. Many are convinced that we must uphold strict social distancing at its current level until COVID is eradicated. Seeing people starve in the streets from hunger be damned. It’s not based on science...it’s based on fear, wishful thinking, inability to accept difficult truths, and their own personal bias. God love them...they do care about people...but in a short-sighted, narrow focused type of way.
Maybe they share my fear that people are going to go hog wild and go around touching, and licking everything while refusing to wear masks.

Daszak was just interviewed by Chris Cuomo, where he said essentially the same things. We are cutting ourselves off from research where the virus originated.

Maybe they share my fear that people are going to go hog wild and go around touching, and licking everything while refusing to wear masks.

If they want to do that, let them. I'll take the precautions I need to protect myself and family. Let Darwin decide the rest. :scratch:

Not really serious, but sorta. I'm just hoping enough people take it seriously that the knuckleheads will sort of knock themselves out while the rest of us watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom