COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately there is still too much we simply don’t know about this virus, and that’s why things ebb and flow with advice. Fauci, who probably knows more about this than anyone has changed through this as he learns more. Of course Paul, who really seems like an idiot is smugly leading the charge to paint Fauci as a fringe player. Yet another example of republicans saying no to science and yes to.... what? Corruption from mega donors? I dunno

Privacy from what, the government knowing that James Spader ate at Ruth's Chris on 05/30 at 6:00 pm, only in the event of there being 2 or 3 cases tied to Ruths Chris at around 5:00 to 7:00?

If anything, I would LIKE them to have this info on me so that I could be informed if they need to.
Fair point, for now it is, but what does the future hold? I don’t know, just posing the question.

Last edited:
Unfortunately there is still too much we simply don’t know about this virus, and that’s why things ebb and flow with advice. Fauci, who probably knows more about this than anyone has changed through this as he learns more. Of course Paul, who really seems like an idiot is smugly leading the charge to paint Fauci as a fringe player. Yet another example of republicans saying no to science and yes to.... what? Corruption from mega donors? I dunno

It's a winning formula.

Basically, Vitamin D regulates the immune system as I understand it. It basically keeps it in tune and more responsive to beginning infections. So basically it increases recognition of a pathogen and jumps on it faster if you have a good level of vitamin D in your system. If you don’t, then the immune system is slower to react and doesn’t react as well allowing the pathogen to multiply freely as the immune system slowly gets around to fighting the disease.
So by following this logic, as I understand it, is that I’d say Covid gets into your system, it starts to multiply. As there is no memory on how to fight this disease, the body has to start from scratch. Higher vitamin D will allow the immune system a quicker start to doing this and a quicker response once it figures it out. Someone lower in Vitamin D will allow Covid to continue to multiply and the infection to build up as the immune system trails behind.

Now I’m sure someone with more background can get much more into it, but that’s basically how it works.

Think of vitamin D as well as antioxidants and zinc as fuel for the immune system. Or ammunition for the body to fight infections.

On the immune modulation part vitamin D is not simply a vitamin like others we can take in pill form or eat in food. It also acts like a hormone and has many functions throughout all systems in the body.

And I'll admit I'm a little frustrated by a lot of this, because we are at such a better place technologically then we were 100 years ago, to control the spread of the virus while still having most of the economy going, but it requires just about 100% society buy in and we can't get there.
You mean we have the technology and the means to protect ourselves, but so many of us are so stupid that the refuse to and, in so doing, endanger the rest of us?

Governor of New Mexico just made wearing masks for all mandatory in public not just employees of businesses. How is that enforceable?

It takes about 20 minutes with 50% of your skin exposed to get enough for a week.
Really? That's all the exposure time that's needed? Awesome! My 40 minute walks every other day in shorts and t-shirt should be giving me ample Vitamin D production. :)

Fair point for now it is, but what does the future hold? I don’t know, just posing the question.

Ok, let me ask you this...

Give me your most grim scenario of the future as it pertains to you specifically giving this data to restaurants today. Come up with the most absolutely absurd negative consequence you can think of and tell me a.) what exactly are you accomplishing by not going to a restaurant under this condition, and b.) What prevents this absolutely absurd scenario from taking place to you personally with your name and email not being on a restaurant list?

Really? That's all the exposure time that's needed? Awesome! My 40 minute walks every other day in shorts and t-shirt should be giving me ample Vitamin D production. :)

Possibly its enough. If you went shirtless it would almost certainly be plenty. But the catch is that it is 2o minutes of direct sunlight. So only the parts of your arms/legs that are getting direct sunlight will be producing it. Think sunbathing as direct hence my little joke. Think of nude sunbathing for 10 minutes on each side to get enough for a week. If your arm is against your body the part not facing the sun wouldn't produce much if any.

Edited to add: sunblock will also block production

Not sure who to believe anymore. Trump or the people he called the best experts in the world. Looking more and more like home school for my kids. Particularly after last week when some parents called and wanted us to participate in a drive by parade to show appreciation to my son's teacher. I was shocked that this small little Christian School in Ms was actually respecting social distancing. So we pull up to the meet spot and every single kid is running around, holding hands, high fiving, huggging and the parents are all huddled together. Half the kids and several parents walked up to my car putting me in the position to be a complete arse and not letting my kids out or rolling down the windows. Proceed to do the parade, every single car stopped so the kids could hug their teacher before congregating again in the parking lot. I left extremely P'Oed. I can just see how social distancing will go at that school.

Last edited:
It takes about 20 minutes with 50% of your skin exposed to get enough for a week.

So, which half are you exposing? The front or the back?

So, about 10% of my skin exposed for 20 minutes, 5-7 days a week should do the same?

Governor of New Mexico just made wearing masks for all mandatory in public not just employees of businesses. How is that enforceable?
How is it constitutional to force someone to wear a particular piece of garment? Not saying I wouldn’t, when I leave, my mask is on but if you break it down, people are bing forced to wear something. I am curious what other think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom