COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not even getting my hopes up.

Because some state legislator in N LA will still be pounding the lectern that this is the DEVILS LETTUCE.

But that could explain my seemingly inability to contract this COVID 19 on weekends ;)
If the state and federal governments are low on funds I'd bet that taxing legal marijuana would help a bit.

How is it constitutional to force someone to wear a particular piece of garment? Not saying I wouldn’t, when I leave, my mask is on but if you break it down, people are bing forced to wear something. I am curious what other think.
Would you get arrested for going out with no clothes?

It's really no different.

How is it constitutional to force someone to wear a particular piece of garment? Not saying I wouldn’t, when I leave, my mask is on but if you break it down, people are bing forced to wear something. I am curious what other think.

I'm really not sure how I feel about it to be honest. On the one hand, it just seems wrong and an overstep. I don't really think the government should be telling me what to wear.

On the other hand, I can't think of a specific right that is being violated. Obviously we retain all rights that aren't restricted in some way by the Constitution, but it's basically a public health rule in a time of crisis, so maybe it's justifiable. And there are plenty of laws requiring the wearing of clothing in public for public health reasons. And I think SCOTUS has found all of those Constitutional. So I'm not sure this is much different.

Then again, it wouldn't even be an issue if people would just take some personal responsibility.

I don't know why he stays so connected. Is he enjoying the attention? Does he feel its his responsibility and he wants to what's right for the public? It can't be easy to be in those briefings. I'm surpised he's lasted this long. Maybe with the attempt to tear down his credibility and reputation, it'll be easier to say, "you're fired".

I'm really not sure how I feel about it to be honest. On the one hand, it just seems wrong and an overstep. I don't really think the government should be telling me what to wear.

On the other hand, I can't think of a specific right that is being violated. Obviously we retain all rights that aren't restricted in some way by the Constitution, but it's basically a public health rule in a time of crisis, so maybe it's justifiable. And there are plenty of laws requiring the wearing of clothing in public for public health reasons. And I think SCOTUS has found all of those Constitutional. So I'm not sure this is much different.

Then again, it wouldn't even be an issue if people would just take some personal responsibility.

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/nick-kroll-show-publizity-6cmYuGDl25SFy

Ok, let me ask you this...

Give me your most grim scenario of the future as it pertains to you specifically giving this data to restaurants today. Come up with the most absolutely absurd negative consequence you can think of and tell me a.) what exactly are you accomplishing by not going to a restaurant under this condition, and b.) What prevents this absolutely absurd scenario from taking place to you personally with your name and email not being on a restaurant list?
I will come back to this but just want to acknowledge you.

Not sure who to believe anymore. Trump or the people he called the best experts in the world. Looking more and more like home school for my kids. Particularly after last week when some parents called and wanted us to participate in a drive by parade to show appreciation to my son's teacher. I was shocked that this small little Christian School in Ms was actually respecting social distancing. So we pull up to the meet spot and every single kid is running around, holding hands, high fiving, huggging and the parents are all huddled together. Half the kids and several parents walked up to my car putting me in the position to be a complete arse and not letting my kids out or rolling down the windows. Proceed to do the parade, every single car stopped so the kids could hug their teacher before congregating again in the parking lot. I left extremely P'Oed. I can just see how social distancing will go at that school.

A nearby high school held a parade and celebration for their graduates. You think, "Ok, no big deal", right? The parade part wasn't too bad as they were mostly in their own vehicles. It was the celebration part after. They were all in caps and gowns, seated on chairs right next to each other, outdoors, but as close as you would normally see them in a regular graduation setting. I just shook my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom