COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"People who file their taxes as individuals are eligible for payments up to $1,200, but that decreases for people who earn an adjusted gross income of more than $75,000 a year. The bill says that the payment is reduced by five percent of every dollar above that mark, or $50 for every $1,000 above $75,000."

"Income is based on people's tax filings for 2019, but if they have not filed for that year, then their filing for 2018 applies."

"Payments, according to the bill, will be made “as rapidly as possible” and no later than Dec. 31, 2020. They will be made via direct deposit to an account that the person has authorized for tax refunds or federal payments on or after Jan. 1, 2018."

"Notice will be sent to the person’s last known address within 15 days of payment informing them of the method and amount of payment. A phone number will also be provided so people can call the IRS in the event they did not receive it."

"Payments, according to the bill, will be made “as rapidly as possible” and no later than Dec. 31, 2020. They will be made via direct deposit to an account that the person has authorized for tax refunds or federal payments on or after Jan. 1, 2018."

This goes without saying, but if people aren't getting these payments until later in the year then it's a complete joke and waste of time.

They might downplay things for a few reasons.

A: Can't test, even though they'd like to.
B: Don't want to start a panic or a 'run' on the hospital. If everyone floods the ER, they're hosed.
Coming from my friend who works in a hospital on why they aren’t testing.
First, if you say you test you have hundreds of people who show up for testing with no symptoms. It’s allergy season, yes you have a sore throat, your eyes water just like every other year. Go home

next they only have a limited number of tests, which they are using to confirm people who are critical and need admission. If you have a mild case, stay home and don’t infect others

also, what is that test going to tell you? That you’re sick, guess what you already know that. There’s no treatment, no medicine, so self isolate and try not to die, or infect others.
Also, if one member of your household has it, chances are incredibly high that everyone else in your family does too. So go home.

This goes without saying, but if people aren't getting these payments until later in the year then it's a complete joke and waste of time.

From previous articles I read, time frame is about 3-6 weeks. The real story is how much money corporations are getting, but does this surprise any one? No.

Coming from my friend who works in a hospital on why they aren’t testing.
First, if you say you test you have hundreds of people who show up for testing with no symptoms. It’s allergy season, yes you have a sore throat, your eyes water just like every other year. Go home

next they only have a limited number of tests, which they are using to confirm people who are critical and need admission. If you have a mild case, stay home and don’t infect others

also, what is that test going to tell you? That you’re sick, guess what you already know that. There’s no treatment, no medicine, so self isolate and try not to die, or infect others.
Also, if one member of your household has it, chances are incredibly high that everyone else in your family does too. So go home.

Yes this is exactly how i understand this. That is what is bothering me about what i am seeing in New York. The stats say that most of the people flooding the hospitals there probably have mild systems. The press and top officials have been telling everyone to stay home basically until you have fever for more than three days and can’t breathe. Am i right? That seemed to be the protocol a week ago. Has something changed? I’m glad they finally set up tents for the mild symptoms but really they shouldn’t even have to do that. Resources are getting wasted and it’s disturbing to me that the general public doesn’t get that they are most likely spreading it more by going to the doctor or hospital and all for nothing except a positive test that tells them what they already know.

Tokyo is going to be interesting to watch to see just how much politics are at play with data surrounding the virus. Now that Tokyo has officially suspended the Olympics I bet they start seeing bigger numbers now that they aren't trying to hold on to the Olympics in the face of all wanting them to cancel and the high numbers will help justify their decision to those that didn't want to cancel.

Yes this is exactly how i understand this. That is what is bothering me about what i am seeing in New York. The stats say that most of the people flooding the hospitals there probably have mild systems. The press and top officials have been telling everyone to stay home basically until you have fever for more than three days and can’t breathe. Am i right? That seemed to be the protocol a week ago. Has something changed? I’m glad they finally set up tents for the mild symptoms but really they shouldn’t even have to do that. Resources are getting wasted and it’s disturbing to me that the general public doesn’t get that they are most likely spreading it more by going to the doctor or hospital and all for nothing except a positive test that tells them what they already know.
No nothing has changed, that’s how it should be. Unless the tents are just for the people who need supplemental oxygen. No reason to have them in a hospital either. Here’s your tank here’s your tubing see ya later. If it gets worse come back, but at this point save the resources and time for people who absolutely need it, and New York is gonna need it.

saw this image on a change.org petition page. I don’t know enough about healthcare worker PPE so I am not sure how accurate it is. But it reminded me of your comment

EnLgdevIxVJYdMK-800x450-noPad.jpg
PERFECT Illustration!!! Just shameful.

Thank you! ???

Seriously, this reminds me of the skinny poor kids with no shoes on wearing an Atlanta Falcons Championship t-shirt after the super bowl. Can't believe it's happening here.
You got that right! ???

I work at Keesler and believe it's going to get bad here. Every civilian restaurant in the state is take out or delivery only.
Over 2500 students are still congregating in the dining halls. A cold front is supposed to move in next Tuesday. Lows will
be in the 50's and highs will only make the low 70's. That's usually postcard weather,but not in this case.

No nothing has changed, that’s how it should be. Unless the tents are just for the people who need supplemental oxygen. No reason to have them in a hospital either. Here’s your tank here’s your tubing see ya later. If it gets worse come back, but at this point save the resources and time for people who absolutely need it, and New York is gonna need it.
That is pretty callous.......”you are old & feeble, now lug this heavy tank around, and get out of here, and be your own health care provider.”

??????!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom