COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I've thought about .....how do we have a novel virus of this type at this point? How many years has Chinese guys been eating bats and just now this thing decides to mutate twice and jump from bat to person then person to person? Not sure I understand the why now part?

Ozzy Osbourne should have been patient zero, but all the drugs and alcohol killed the virus dead.

Something I've thought about .....how do we have a novel virus of this type at this point? How many years has Chinese guys been eating bats and just now this thing decides to mutate twice and jump from bat to person then person to person? Not sure I understand the why now part?

It probably didn’t jump from bat to person (and it doesn’t come from digesting bats) - it probably jumped from bat to intermediate host, then to people.

Researchers have identified like 1,800 bat-carried coronaviruses. Only three have been known to infect people. I think the most appealing theory is that expansion of human development into wilderness has brought more domestic intermediate hosts into the realm of the bat. And those Intermediate hosts are around people far more commonly than bats are.

Yeah perhaps - plus data are never smooth. Two days doesn’t make a trend.
Tell me about it...I've been watching that daily deaths graph religiously. March 20-21 both posted drops in daily deaths (49 then 46).....right after that it exploded. March 22 it jumped to 113 and by the 28th was 525. I view those drops (haven't been any until today) much differently.

In the back of my mind the pre-existing conditions thing is always there. I'm over weight and control both sugar and blood pressure with medications. Both are well in control but not sure, and haven't read either way, if that matters. I did read where ace inhibitor BP medications can complicate things but none of mine are ace inhibitor. I take a diuretic and a beta blocker. BP was 124/80 my last check up a few weeks ago and my A1C was 6.3 which is below diabetic levels. I changed my diet a few months ago and got my sugar down and lost 40 pounds. I'm trying but hopefully I'm not too little too late kinda deal.

So, how long do you think the shut down will last? Do you think there will be new tent cities popping up soon? I think there are gonna be quite a few people that are hurting, and $1,200 isn't gonna cut it.

1585539576679.png

So it's more like a stay-at-home suggestion? :unsure:

It's like they have the attention span of a mayfly.
How many states have done half-measures like that only to see them fail utterly, at the cost of hundreds of lives.
Yet here comes NC, (or Texas or wherever) saying "We're gonna run the same play that got people killed last time, only better."

Didnt Edwards say the lower weekend numbers were due to fewer tests being conducted over those days?
Maybe, but aren't we several days, if not up to a week behind in test results? These aren't test results from actually this Saturday and this Sunday, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom