COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to learn of people I know around the country getting sick with the coronavirus. Once they go into the hospital, you don't hear anything else from them. It's erie.

A friend of mine in Chicago who's in his 30's, got sick and made a post on Tuesday on Facebook that he was being hospitalized. That he had gotten progressively worse and that even the effort to write the Facebook post was exhausting. Said he probably wouldn't be answering many text or post. Haven't heard anything from him since.

Banks and companies are already getting liquidity to operate directly from the Fed. The Fed has opened the "window" which allows banks to borrow directly from the Fed at a much lower rate than the Fed Funds Rate (rate at which banks borrow from each other). The Fed also introduced several facilities under 13(3) which will allow banks and large US corporations to pledge assets such as mortgage-backed securities, student loans, SBA loans, etc. in return for low rate loans. This can be used by banks to continue lending, and by businesses to cover expenses. Small businesses are the ones who need to most assistance. The Fed isn't going to offer anything to help small business owners.

I haven't had a chance to look at all 900 pages of the bill, but would love to see what the treasury provisions are calling for with regard to buybacks. I think that there is language in the bill to prohibit this based on how quickly it passed the House. This was a really big deal to Dems.

Bottom line is that banks will not get a piece of the pie, and large untroubled US companies have plenty of ways to maintain without Congressional assistance. But you never know..

It looks like the small business loans could be grants in the long term. These loans can be forgiven if the company can show they were impacted but maintained staffing. Basically if they can float a few months of salary and recover, they will keep the loans.

Also large business taking loans need to keep employees on March 24-Sept 30 “to the extent possible”. I wonder if this contributed the the record unemployment number with companies getting ahead of that date for firings. Also, what is “to the extent possible”?

Last edited:
Anybody drinking Corona there? Because that's the only way you piss off karma any more than what they're already doing.
There is a way...I won't post it but there is. I jumped him so much he left and went home haha. My wife had a moment tonight and broke down crying in front of the kids at dinner because she's scared to go to work. Mostly just stress getting to her and she doesn't feel safe at work or moreso that the hospital isn't putting her safety first and my health and our kids health is on her shoulders. It's alot for a person. I told her she's allowed to cry and we appreciate the load she's carrying. She'll be fine...like I say...it was a moment for her and she's allowed that. Just bad timing for picture time from my buddy. He's a good friend I've known for 30 years and I love him but he's gotta take this for the tragedy it is.

I'm starting to learn of people I know around the country getting sick with the coronavirus. Once they go into the hospital, you don't hear anything else from them. It's erie.

A friend of mine in Chicago who's in his 30's, got sick and made a post on Tuesday on Facebook that he was being hospitalized. That he had gotten progressively worse and that even the effort to write the Facebook post was exhausting. Said he probably wouldn't be answering many text or post. Haven't heard anything from him since.

Average ventilation is 11 to 20 days in Mew York affording to Cuomo. That’s a long fight. ?

Some cracks in the wall of misinformation coming from Russia. Almost gotta wonder how their relationship with China will be after this

For example, the city of St. Petersburg experienced a sharp jump of SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) virus cases. During just one week in March, 63,000 SARS cases and 406 cases of pneumonia have been recorded, according to Interfax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom