COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 1.9M cases and 110,173 deaths in US) (67 Viewers)

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
UPDATED TRACKER LINKS:

It shouldn't be a big deal but with a large number of people unable to afford healthcare, and the anti vax crowd growing there's a small chance that this could be interesting.

Last edited:

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
People are just too stupid to handle something as complicated as this.
The sad thing is that this isn't a complicated idea to understand. I'd wager that an elementary school student could explain it when asked the right guiding questions.

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
With everything opening back up especially bars I think a good recipe for a pandemic explosion is in place. No one is thinking about social safety guidelines when they are drunk. This virus was still spreading well during lockdown. Now there are a lot of cases of Covid and plenty of opportunities available to help this spread with lots of places opening back up again.

People who party at bars at night go to work or other places of business the next day.

PurpleBlack&Gold

FOOTBALL PLEASE!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There is finally a study on hydroxychloroquine and prophylaxis of covid. Which is where it is most promising. It is used as a prophylactic for malaria and not as a treatment after infection. So all of these studies showing no benefit as a treatment are not surprising. If it has a benefit it makes sense that it would be as a preventative. Hopefully we will have results soon. I will also paste the listed side effects of prophylactic doses for those that think this drug is dangerous. There appears to be little risk associated with using it in prophylactic doses exactly the same way it is used to prevent malaria.

"The “Will Hydroxychloroquine Impede or Prevent COVID-19,” or WHIP COVID-19, study is a 3,000-subject look at whether hydroxychloroquine prevents front-line workers from contracting the COVID-19 virus. This is a randomized, double-blinded studydesigned to produce a scientific answer to the question: Does it work? Henry Ford Health System, as one of the region’s major academic medical centers with more than $100 million in annual research funding, is also involved in numerous COVID-19 trials with partners around the world."

"Hydroxychloroquine is a relatively well tolerated medicine. The most common adverse reactions reported are stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and headache. These side effects can often be lessened by taking hydroxychloroquine with food. Hydroxychloroquine may also cause itching in some people."

More info here.

Last edited:

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Have we talked about positives getting counted again for the same person who gets tested every two weeks in order to be cleared? I think we have, but I couldn't remember. I know a guy who had been in the hospital with the rona, he improved and went home. This was about a month ago. He's had to go for testing to be cleared to go back to work, but he's still tested positive. I know he's been tested at least once or twice since then. Those numbers are adding to case counts, but technically it's the same person with the same infection. I wonder how many other cases are like this and contributing to the numbers?

gummbo70114

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Have we talked about positives getting counted again for the same person who gets tested every two weeks in order to be cleared? I think we have, but I couldn't remember. I know a guy who had been in the hospital with the rona, he improved and went home. This was about a month ago. He's had to go for testing to be cleared to go back to work, but he's still tested positive. I know he's been tested at least once or twice since then. Those numbers are adding to case counts, but technically it's the same person with the same infection. I wonder how many other cases are like this and contributing to the numbers?
It may be the same person testing positive again, the operative word here being “again “ because if he was cured once, and has it again that means another case of COVID-19 and it should count as a total of cases reported and then It only goes to prove that this virus is stronger and more mysterious than they thought. Stay safe out there,#WhoDAT

Reaction score
Holiday weekends are a serious problem in small places like Dorignac's. I walked into the Amish Market today, saw that it was impossible to keep distance, and left for the supermarket, where I knew I could distance myself from other shoppers. And everyone wears a mask around here.
I await the Philadelphia Archdiocese word on masses this weekend. I"d like to see if Trump tries to override the Catholic Church. 🍿
The Amish in Lancaster County are rocking on. I believe they only missed 2 weeks of church in the very beginning. They started with eliminating the meal after church, but that has been phased back. No masks and no distancing. I expected a huge outbreak, but have not heard of any from my Amish friends. Maybe they have stronger immune systems?

Brees4prez

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Update on my toddler. His fever has been gone a day now. He is back to normal activity wise and no other issues. We went to pediatrician today. He said he has been saying cases of kids getting Fever for two days and their fine. He said the universe is messing with us. He’s confident it was just a virus. He did not test my son with the more accurate test because he doesn’t think he needs it since fever only lasted two days.

He also said that their office has tested over 50 kids and test has come back negative. He is cleared to go back to daycare.

Just wanted to share for those on the fence about sending your kids to daycare. They probably will get a little virus since they have been in the house so long.

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
CNN has a pretty good COVID-19 tracking tool available on their website:

OP
Eeyore

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
We have a guy at work in the same boat. He can't get released either.

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought you had a Catholic education, or maybe I misremembered. Our faith is incarnational because our God is incarnational and chooses to meet us where we are as human beings made of flesh. We receive grace in physical signs that efficaciously convey the reality they represent. We call these sacraments of which there are seven. Baptism, reconciliation, Eucharist, confirmation, marriage, holy orders, anointing of the sick. The source and summit of the Christian life is the Eucharist, given to us in the sacrifice of the mass.

It's like this. Imagine being married but only being able to see your wife through video chat. That's not going to hold up for very long. It's not a viable way of being as marriage demands a physical encounter by its nature. So it is with Christ and his Bride, the Church.
The Sacraments aren't a suicide pact.

God is not bound by the Sacraments, that is also something the Church teaches.

Last edited:
OP
Eeyore

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
The Amish in Lancaster County are rocking on. I believe they only missed 2 weeks of church in the very beginning. They started with eliminating the meal after church, but that has been phased back. No masks and no distancing. I expected a huge outbreak, but have not heard of any from my Amish friends. Maybe they have stronger immune systems?
It could be because they're a bit more isolated than the rest of us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 39)

Headlines

Top Bottom