COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... it probably wasn't the market? So.. where did it come from? Looks like they don't know and want to look at a whole wider area and go back to pull older samples...
Scientists still don’t know the exact origin of the 18/19 pandemic- there’s potentially 3 origin points (maybe more)

Best guess for AIDS is that it jumped from monkeys to humans in 1906 or so

At some point disease origin seems an academic (vs medical) exercise

Scientists still don’t know the exact origin of the 18/19 pandemic- there’s potentially 3 origin points (maybe more)

At some point disease origin seems an academic (vs medical) exercise

Perhaps but in those examples we didn’t have a coordinated worldwide effort for real time viral genome analysis of local samples that are reported and tracked. The knowledge, effort, and tech involved now are dramatically different.

I was told by my next door neighbor back in the 1980s that the origin was a man having sex with a monkey. And, no amount of your fancy "science" is going to change my mind.

Last edited:
So my office opened to Phase 1 today. The good news is that Downtown New Orleans is still very sparsely populated. Few people are around and the garage for my building is probably at the most half full and the building still seems pretty deserted. (Many people who work in this building do not park in the building garage.)

That's the good news. The bad news is that the parking lot of the coffee shop by my house was packed and it looked to be packed inside. It looked more or less like any other day prior to the COVID pandemic. So, apparently it wasn't so much that people wanted to get back to work, they just wanted to go out to dinner and go get overpriced coffee drinks. I can't say I'm surprised.

I was told by my next door neighbor back in the 1980s that the origin was a man having sex with a monkey. And, no amount of your fancy "science" is going to change my mind.

I don't know how my name ended up on that quote, but that isn't mine fyi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom