COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s concerning to me is that as a vast part of the country we have gone from oh my god we’re going to die to life’s good party on in 2 weeks. It seems as if the guidelines to reopen have been tossed to the side, and in the rush to liberate the economy it’s become a mission accomplished sort of thing. It was supposed to be declining cases, no new deaths that whole thing. The county I live in had 34 new cases Friday, 2 new deaths and yet the only things not seemingly open are haircuts, nail salons, tattoo parlors and churches. Some of those will be this week. Did we learn something new, or is this just an eh We’re done and off we go.

No, it's not essential. Food, water, shelter, and transportation are essential. A house of worship is a place of assembly no different than any other place of assembly. It doesn't deserve special treatment. To give houses of worship special treatment during a pandemic is to say one person's spiritual needs trumps another's life. If other non-essential places of assembly are open, then houses of worship should open.

I agree virtual is a poor substitute for in-person.

Not only is it not essential....it is truly disturbing that so many so-called Christians think this is a good idea....I mean if you believe in the Christian God, do you think he/she would actually want you to put your fellow Christians in danger just so you could worship him/her?

People are just too stupid to handle something as complicated as this.
The sad thing is that this isn't a complicated idea to understand. I'd wager that an elementary school student could explain it when asked the right guiding questions.

With everything opening back up especially bars I think a good recipe for a pandemic explosion is in place. No one is thinking about social safety guidelines when they are drunk. This virus was still spreading well during lockdown. Now there are a lot of cases of Covid and plenty of opportunities available to help this spread with lots of places opening back up again.

People who party at bars at night go to work or other places of business the next day.

There is finally a study on hydroxychloroquine and prophylaxis of covid. Which is where it is most promising. It is used as a prophylactic for malaria and not as a treatment after infection. So all of these studies showing no benefit as a treatment are not surprising. If it has a benefit it makes sense that it would be as a preventative. Hopefully we will have results soon. I will also paste the listed side effects of prophylactic doses for those that think this drug is dangerous. There appears to be little risk associated with using it in prophylactic doses exactly the same way it is used to prevent malaria.

"The “Will Hydroxychloroquine Impede or Prevent COVID-19,” or WHIP COVID-19, study is a 3,000-subject look at whether hydroxychloroquine prevents front-line workers from contracting the COVID-19 virus. This is a randomized, double-blinded studydesigned to produce a scientific answer to the question: Does it work? Henry Ford Health System, as one of the region’s major academic medical centers with more than $100 million in annual research funding, is also involved in numerous COVID-19 trials with partners around the world."

"Hydroxychloroquine is a relatively well tolerated medicine. The most common adverse reactions reported are stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and headache. These side effects can often be lessened by taking hydroxychloroquine with food. Hydroxychloroquine may also cause itching in some people."

More info here.

Last edited:
Have we talked about positives getting counted again for the same person who gets tested every two weeks in order to be cleared? I think we have, but I couldn't remember. I know a guy who had been in the hospital with the rona, he improved and went home. This was about a month ago. He's had to go for testing to be cleared to go back to work, but he's still tested positive. I know he's been tested at least once or twice since then. Those numbers are adding to case counts, but technically it's the same person with the same infection. I wonder how many other cases are like this and contributing to the numbers?

Have we talked about positives getting counted again for the same person who gets tested every two weeks in order to be cleared? I think we have, but I couldn't remember. I know a guy who had been in the hospital with the rona, he improved and went home. This was about a month ago. He's had to go for testing to be cleared to go back to work, but he's still tested positive. I know he's been tested at least once or twice since then. Those numbers are adding to case counts, but technically it's the same person with the same infection. I wonder how many other cases are like this and contributing to the numbers?
It may be the same person testing positive again, the operative word here being “again “ because if he was cured once, and has it again that means another case of COVID-19 and it should count as a total of cases reported and then It only goes to prove that this virus is stronger and more mysterious than they thought. Stay safe out there,#WhoDAT

Holiday weekends are a serious problem in small places like Dorignac's. I walked into the Amish Market today, saw that it was impossible to keep distance, and left for the supermarket, where I knew I could distance myself from other shoppers. And everyone wears a mask around here.
I await the Philadelphia Archdiocese word on masses this weekend. I"d like to see if Trump tries to override the Catholic Church. 🍿
The Amish in Lancaster County are rocking on. I believe they only missed 2 weeks of church in the very beginning. They started with eliminating the meal after church, but that has been phased back. No masks and no distancing. I expected a huge outbreak, but have not heard of any from my Amish friends. Maybe they have stronger immune systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom