COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I totally agree it’s a risk tolerance thing - at least to the individuals involved. The real story is that you’re not only making a risk decision for yourself in not wearing a mask, you’re also making it for those around you (as evidence shows that rates of transmission are most effectively reduced when the viral shedder is wearing a mask). But people don’t think that way - probably because they’re pretty confident they don’t have the virus.
All I can say is you are a braver man than I am. I'm keeping my distance . I miss going to several restaurants in my area,but
a gun to my head wouldn't make me go right now. Our representative from district 4 in MS. is currently conducting an online poll
asking his constituents when they want the state fully opened. He said he'll vote with the majority. I asked him why don't you let this
decision up to medical experts? It's ride and die here time in MS.

All I can say is you are a braver man than I am. I'm keeping my distance . I miss going to several restaurants in my area,but
a gun to my head wouldn't make me go right now. Our representative from district 4 in MS. is currently conducting an online poll
asking his constituents when they want the state fully opened. He said he'll vote with the majority. I asked him why don't you let this
decision up to medical experts? It's ride and die here time in MS.

Oh I’m not going anywhere indoors that I can avoid and when I do, I wear a mask and try to minimize my time there. Definitely not eating out at restaurants- carry out is just fine. I was referring to the people I observed while picking up food.

Daily new case counts are running 3x their peaks from March and April where I am. I’m gonna keep doing what I’m doing.

Last edited:
Friend of mine is on a 2 week self isolation instructed by Florida department of health after flying from NOLA to Tampa. The only place Florida is requiring isolation is people that traveled from LA. Think it is about time La returns the favor.

Things apparently not looking great in Houston.

There seems to be this streak of health experts and state and local leaders being shocked that Americans abandoned preventative measures and just went right back to business as usual, which in turn is leading to more "We'll have to lockdown again if this gets too far out of control" talk.

Yeah I totally agree it’s a risk tolerance thing - at least to the individuals involved. The real story is that you’re not only making a risk decision for yourself in not wearing a mask, you’re also making it for those around you (as evidence shows that rates of transmission are most effectively reduced when the viral shedder is wearing a mask). But people don’t think that way - probably because they’re pretty confident they don’t have the virus.

Specifically it's a decision to put the staff at the restaurant at risk. If you wear a mask when not actually eating, it reduces the exposure of the wait staff and bartenders.

Things apparently not looking great in Houston.

There seems to be this streak of health experts and state and local leaders being shocked that Americans abandoned preventative measures and just went right back to business as usual, which in turn is leading to more "We'll have to lockdown again if this gets too far out of control" talk.

No one ever accused the general public of being very intelligent.

So you’re saying the virus doesn’t care about freedom and liberty?

I have no intention of eating indoors at a restaurant. I’ll go to my wineries and eat a bit and sit outside sure. But sitting inside to eat a marginal meal. Nope. Sorry.

So, what's the over under on how long it will be before we have to shut down again because people are too stupid and selfish to wear a friggin mask?

If things keep going at the rate they're going, end of summer is going to be interesting: either things have gotten so bad we have no choice, or we plow through and go ahead with school reopenings at which point this will go nuclear.

Interesting regarding all the claims that the Lockdowns would result in higher crime rates. This article begrudgingly notes that crime rates in the 10 largest U.S. cities have mostly declined with some exceptions.

Here is a pretty good update on where the vaccine trials stand at this moment:

I'm really impressed with this National/Global effort. Pretty much taking the Artillery stance. Shoot everywhere, then when you find a crack in the wall, concentrate.

There won't be a shutdown, because our winner-take-all economy and society now has a huge underclass of people with very little cash in the bank and no meaningful access to quality and/or affordable healthcare unless they are a full-time employee somewhere, and then sometimes not there either.

These people are going to be forced back to work in highly-contagious work environments because the 1% needs them to continue to tip the table in their favor.

We COULD be getting closer to normal if there were a national plan around making high-quality masks available to all and teaching people when and how to use them, and requirements that business take some reasonable steps to protect their people, but that would cost money, and it's more important that the owners of these companies maintain the highest profits possible off of cheap/minimum wage labor, rather than running flat for a couple of years, because communism/trickle-down/muh freedom.

Meanwhile, when all these more people get sicker and sicker and start dying, you know who's paying for it? Those of us who don't own large businesses. And the propagandists continue to lie about true death rates, how more will die from a slower economy than COVID-19, etc. etc.

The lies are intended to numb everyone out, and the cruelty, as usual, is the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom