COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been sticking to the Surgical masks, some cloth masks (for quick trips), and I now have some of those cloth masks with the P2.5 filters.

I need to run to the store to get some new surgical masks, and I think they sell some N95's too. But, kind of a rip off price.

I was able to get 15 N95s back in January (back when we were discussing supplies in this thread- seems like a year ago). I only wear it in stores or to pick up food. Those are the only times I’m indoors or not otherwise distanced. But so that’s only a few times a week, maybe 15 minutes here, 45 minutes there. I hang them up to air out, so their useful life is pretty good.

I haven’t seen any new ones available anywhere.

I was able to get 15 N95s back in January (back when we were discussing supplies in this thread- seems like a year ago). I only wear it in stores or to pick up food. Those are the only times I’m indoors or not otherwise distanced. But so that’s only a few times a week, maybe 15 minutes here, 45 minutes there. I hang them up to air out, so their useful life is pretty good.

Same. I leave them in the sun on my dash when I take them off.

It's hard to expect a country as inept as the USA to have masks available only 6 months into a pandemic.

I've been sticking to the Surgical masks, some cloth masks (for quick trips), and I now have some of those cloth masks with the P2.5 filters.

I need to run to the store to get some new surgical masks, and I think they sell some N95's too. But, kind of a rip off price.
I have two KN95's - supposedly the K means it's made in China - but only one of them has the respirator valve looking thing on it. I wear them when going to the grocery store and places that are crowded. Then I have a dozen masks that are just cloth and are really thin.

As far as restaurants in New Orleans/Metairie, (I've only eaten inside once) they made everyone have a mask on to enter and you were able to take it off once seated because all of the tables had to be spaced at least 6' apart and were only allowed 25% occupancy so I felt more comfortable than I expected. This was at Jason's Deli, a national chain. The local restaurants are being much more lax with the whole thing, or it seems that way at least from pictures I've seen and stories I've heard.

In Metairie (for local people here) you can get the blue KN95 masks at Paul's Stop and Shop - the ones with the hole/valve thing on them. They price gouge you a little but I think it's worth it. I can tell you what's miserable, moving into a new house while wearing a mask. It wasn't an issue until the big moving day when I had movers and all because I did all of the packing and moving of little things by myself in advance. I drenched that KN95 mask in sweat but left it on my dash board for one day in 100 degree heat and it didn't even stink or anything.

FAKE NEWS!!!!Don't fall for their hoax. By July 4, the summer heat will have defeated the virus on its own and then you can go about your business in a normal fashion - pretty much the way you have ever since you started ignoring guidelines and recommendations to prevent further spread of the COVID hoax!!!/sarcasm

I wonder if all the country's major cities that have begun opening for business will be seeing similar spikes in Covid-19 infections. If so, all the fall plans for having college & NFL football on our TV screens could be in jeopardy. 😢

We’ve started stocking up again on supplies that have been depleted. Have 2 big packs of toilet paper and paper towels from Costco stashed away. Plus lots of meat vacuum sealed and frozen. It will all stay stashed away for later use.

We’ve started stocking up again on supplies that have been depleted. Have 2 big packs of toilet paper and paper towels from Costco stashed away. Plus lots of meat vacuum sealed and frozen. It will all stay stashed away for later use.

Exactly what I’ve been doing also. We’re not at that point society wise yet, but am making sure we are well stocked on everything just to be sure. Even though my wife is once again calling me crazy for doing it. Good thing is that with only the two of us, stocking up is pretty easy. Alcohol gets to be the challenge keeping it stocked though

Interesting regarding all the claims that the Lockdowns would result in higher crime rates. This article begrudgingly notes that crime rates in the 10 largest U.S. cities have mostly declined with some exceptions.

Someone forgot to tell Fresno that. They are up over 30% in homicides

Exactly what I’ve been doing also. We’re not at that point society wise yet, but am making sure we are well stocked on everything just to be sure. Even though my wife is once again calling me crazy for doing it. Good thing is that with only the two of us, stocking up is pretty easy. Alcohol gets to be the challenge keeping it stocked though

We are currently out of sliced ham at Keesler. All dining halls are about to run out of hamburger patties. We received an e-mail yesterday bacon is probably next. It's getting serious

Someone forgot to tell Fresno that. They are up over 30% in homicides

I mean, obviously some place will have increases, but I think the point is that there has not been some high overall increase in the crime rate because of the lock down or economic downturn which is what many against the lock down and in favor of opening earlier and quicker were claiming.

Also, this is really speculation, but I suspect that it's more theft that would rise due to economic problems rather than homicide. I would bet there are other causes for the homicide increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom