COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when you think this year cant get any worse 2020 says here hold my beer. in Austin yesterday there were 341 new cases reported after 212 were added the day before. my prediction of 2400 new cases in June is going to get shattered. in the last 7 days there have been 1400 new cases. Austin is now near 2000 known cases this month already. wonder if it is this bad in other areas. had a feeling opening things up back in may would eventually lead to this

Yes, things are as bad or worse in other areas. The county I live in is a fraction of the size of Austin, yet our rate of infection is outpacing yours. When things were reopening, people have largely acted as if the threat was over. I do see more people using masks and hand sanitizer, but their willingness to gather in groups without masks is obvious too. Two churches that just reopened now have double digit infections and these are smaller country churches. On hearing that, our church has become proactive and already canceled services this week and next.

I don't know how it is in Austin or other places, but in south central Mississippi, there is a prominent attitude of "it won't happen to me." Other than the masked person here and there, it really does look like business as usual here, so I expect our infection numbers to continue to climb until there is another forced lockdown. Even then, I believe it will be like the last lockdown and people will find ways around it.

I don't know how it is in Austin or other places, but in south central Mississippi, there is a prominent attitude of "it won't happen to me." Other than the masked person here and there, it really does look like business as usual here, so I expect our infection numbers to continue to climb until there is another forced lockdown. Even then, I believe it will be like the last lockdown and people will find ways around it.
Take a trip to the coast. It's elbow to elbow on the beach

Take a trip to the coast. It's elbow to elbow on the beach

I had been encouraged by the numbers on the coast just before reopening. The rates of new cases and deaths had dropped substantially. I pay as much attention to those counties as those neighboring me because I have two kids and five grandchildren in Jackson County. Four of those grandkids will be spread out among college campuses in Jackson, Baton Rouge, Oxford and Starkville ( :covri: ) this fall, so I suppose I'll be watching those numbers too.

EZGpWVnXYAEoRgL

Reports are also that Florida is cooking their books. They reportedly only count the immediate cause of death and if that lists something other than Covid, even if the secontrary listing is Covid, those deaths are not counted and instead funneled into things like pneumonia or heart failure. Makig their official numbers look a lot lower.

So either we secretly have a pneumonia crisis in these states or they are severely undercounting the deaths. In some cases, intentionally.

Yeah we have known some fudge the numbers for a long time. But when you look at it that is some serious fudge.

It would be nice with a standardized way of counting.

I guess that is a bit much to ask for.

All three states are also below the national average with case fatality rate. Covid is also 250-550% less deadly in states like Tn, Al, Ar, Az, SD, Wy, Tx, Va, NC and Iowa.

It is far more deadly in states like NY, Mi, CT, NJ and PA.

Wonder what causes that?
Covid attacks liberals
I think that much is obvious

Pennsylvania has a lot of cases because it has a lot of old people and a lot of farm workers. There is no state tax on pension income.

EZGpWVnXYAEoRgL

Reports are also that Florida is cooking their books. They reportedly only count the immediate cause of death and if that lists something other than Covid, even if the secontrary listing is Covid, those deaths are not counted and instead funneled into things like pneumonia or heart failure. Makig their official numbers look a lot lower.

So either we secretly have a pneumonia crisis in these states or they are severely undercounting the deaths. In some cases, intentionally.

Where does that pneumonia chart come from? Are COVID-19 deaths counted as pneumonia for that chart?

Based on the map Rebekah Jones made, her difference in the numbers of COVID-19 cases is because she is also counted those with positive anti-bodies. Where as the FL DOH (and everyone else) is counting positive viral tests.

Her map...

1592144237678.png

Florida Map. Looks like they're almost 100 deaths less, but not sure if that's a reporting timing thing or what.
1592144300918.png

1592144698451.png

Dade overall has had about triple the rate as Broward...

1592144781462.png

1592144848193.png

Palm Beach about 100 cases a day above Broward, and has less population. They partially opened a week or two before us in Broward..
1592145009531.png

Pinellas joining the party..

1592145169958.png

I don't think it coincides with Universal opening on the 5th of June (Disney closed until July), but the general reopening...

1592145244587.png

1592145299990.png

These are all the official Florida ones.

Where does that pneumonia chart come from? Are COVID-19 deaths counted as pneumonia for that chart?

Based on the map Rebekah Jones made, her difference in the numbers of COVID-19 cases is because she is also counted those with positive anti-bodies. Where as the FL DOH (and everyone else) is counting positive viral tests.

Her map...

1592144237678.png

Florida Map. Looks like they're almost 100 deaths less, but not sure if that's a reporting timing thing or what.
1592144300918.png
This article is talking about it. https://www.google.com/amp/s/cleant...deaths-flu-deaths-jump-enormously-in-usa/amp/
The chart came from a retweet by Howard Dean.

Assuming that every country is fudging their numbers, then Covid-19 related deaths around the world probably has surpassed 1mil already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom