COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That and the number of COVID deaths that are being classified as pneumonia deaths, etc. in some states.

For my part, I don't really care what they call it. It's killed more than a bad flu year already and the number is rising. And, that doesn't take into account the impairment in lung function for many that recovered from the disease. Given the obvious bent of that website, it seems clear that this is similar to the idea that if we test less, we will have fewer case. Except, in this case it's if we don't have to call it an epidemic, then we don't have to worry about it.

growing medical evidence says if you are diabetic. you might be on dialysis the rest of your life. This disease doesnt stop at the lungs in those with underlying conditions

No offense is taken. I'm not anti-scientific, and by no means am I willing to risk my kid's health. My point is that this thing is not going away anytime soon and we have to figure out a way to function moving forward because the chances of a vaccine slim when you look at the time table of other viruses. I'm trying to figure out a pragmatic middle ground beyond just stay in the house.
But staying in the house for 3 weeks would DO IT!! That's what's so frustrating. If someone was overweight and they insist that they have NO IDEA of how to fix it and you tell them, start exercising daily and lower your caloric intake, but they INSIST, they still don't understand HOW to lose weight and continue to not exercise & all the while they shove cakes, pies, candy bars, and potato chips into his/her mouth, that would bother most people.

We have the solution, people just continue to act as if they don't know the solution.

Last edited:
But staying in the house for 3 weeks would DO IT!! That's what's so frustrating. If someone was overweight and they insist that they have NO IDEA of how to fix it and you tell them, start exercising daily and lower your caloric intake, but they INSIST, they still don't understand HOW to lose weight and continue to shove cakes, pies, candy bars, and potato chips into his/her mouth, that would bother most people.

We have the solution, people just continue to act as if they don't know the solution.
Fortunately, I'm in an area where people have been taking it seriously and the numbers seem to be declining. This is a clear leadership issue at the top which sets the tone for much of the country. I can't really explain why Cali is spiking but I guess it has something to do with a desire to go to the beach.

Fortunately, I'm in an area where people have been taking it seriously and the numbers seem to be declining. This is a clear leadership issue at the top which sets the tone for much of the country. I can't really explain why Cali is spiking but I guess it has something to do with a desire to go to the beach.
Cali is spiking LARGELY because it wasn't impacting Cali early on and the state is full of selfish, myopic, conspiracy theorists, and Republican apologists. I find myself arguing online with people who INSIST that the numbers are inflated and anyone who wears a mask is a fear mongering sheep who has fallen victim to the brain-washing.

I have people that I know in the medical industry telling me that the hospital beds are filling up and at least 50% of new patients are COVID-19 and STILL people act as if we are all sheep and listening to the news is a recipe for fear and misdirection.

It's so incredibly frustrating. I now understand why the "Earth is flat" belief system lasted so long and why people burned folks who said otherwise at the stake. A lot of people are belligerently ignorant and self-absorbed. I am at the point where I say, let the bodies hit the floor, I only hope that it's those who are resistant to helping out their fellow man be the ones who pay the lion's share of the cost.

I will admit the fact that deaths haven't spiked yet is weird to me, but based on reports of ICUs and hospitals in general filling up, it looks like it's more delayed outcome than anything.

Despite Americans doing the most to make doctors and nurses lives miserable (while displaying those stupid hypocrisy ridden "heroes work here" sign), our doctors and nurses are forking awesome. As we have become more familiar with the virus and what works, they're saving more lives. However, Americans being dumb forks, will misinterpret this. Our healthcare system is doing their best to save lives, and the idiocracy is doing everything to make them work as hard as possible to do so. Declining infections coupled with better treatment techniques is what we needed. Instead we've been saddling our hospitals with Saints defenses. We deserve to have hundreds of thousands of deaths.

This is a message one of my college school mates who is an ER doc in Houston sent me a few days ago:

"I'm so tired of corona right now
We are inundated in Houston ...
No beds in the ICU ...people waiting in the ER for days to get a bed ... unable to transfer...I'm literally on shift shift right now and seems like 50 percent percent of the patients are here for Covid ...
Covid patients everywhere. .its ridiculous...."

So, I think we have discussed before that the 6 feet rule is more or less the minimum safe distance, but below there is evidence that the danger zone is a good bit larger when indoors in confined spaces.

Total observed daily deaths for Spain. Many countries publish this data even long before the Pandemic started. I sure wish this data was available in the USA. Charts like this completely kill the idea that "every death is being counted as Covid" or that "Only the people on death's door are dying of covid" because if that was the case you would see a big down trend of death on the backside.

1594007982318.png

Total observed daily deaths for Spain. Many countries publish this data even long before the Pandemic started. I sure wish this data was available in the USA. Charts like this completely kill the idea that "every death is being counted as Covid" or that "Only the people on death's door are dying of covid" because if that was the case you would see a big down trend of death on the backside.

1594007982318.png

I'm sure there's a way to compile all of the stats, but with the fragmented nature of our government, getting accurate numbers nationwide is probably quite difficult. I really want to see them as well.

I have just deleted 61 posts of utter uselessness from this thread. Congratulations to the 5-6 members that participated. This thread's purpose is for information not the petty nonsense of the last few pages. I am locking this thread for now. It may be reopened at a later time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom