COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Other states seeing their numbers, and more importantly hospitalizations, rise as well. The second wave is here, and once stuff starts hitting from the protests it's going to be worse than the first. I guess the question becomes what the response is.
Well, we were looking at a target date of around June 11th to see if things would start popping. That's just a couple days away, so looks like it's time to buckle up again.

Other states seeing their numbers, and more importantly hospitalizations, rise as well. The second wave is here, and once stuff starts hitting from the protests it's going to be worse than the first. I guess the question becomes what the response is.
It’s very frustrating that these decisions are almost exclusively political now
There seems no room for someone to say “in the interest of public health...”

My uneducated guess is that **** will have to get VERY bad before mayors/governors opt to sheet things back down

It’s very frustrating that these decisions are almost exclusively political now
There seems no room for someone to say “in the interest of public health...”

My uneducated guess is that **** will have to get VERY bad before mayors/governors opt to sheet things back down

My concern all along was that we would succeed in temporarily mitigating spread and fall into a sense of complacency about it. And that was before all the conspiracies trying to dismiss it took hold and the national news abandoned the story completely leading to people to assume it's all over and just go about things as normal.

Things will probably have to get substantially worse than the first go round to get the public's attention back. Threat of hospitals being overloaded again. Huge spike in deaths.

so, are we believing WHO or not anymore?

The mixes messaging. WHO is corrupt and pushing politics and can't be trusted. WHO has made a claim that might actually mitigate some of our fears about the threat and we can trust them. Science is a propaganda tool. Science needs to lead decision making.

Social media can be so schizophrenic.

So basically that whole thing yesterday was just the WHO being completely incompetent on how to deliver information and nothing has really changed from what we already believed to be true.

That seems to be the case.

What about government limiting social gatherings to 25 and all the "social distance" stuff, but allow protests of up to 100 people. I just read that and laughed out loud. It's comical, but not funny.

A lot of people are crushing Cantrelle, but does she deserve any credit for New Orleans' numbers being better than any other big city's right now? 7 new cases today, 0 dead.

I am an open critic of Cantrell so take it FWIW but Orleans numbers look very similar to Jefferson and St. Tammany, so, I'm honestly not sure how much credit to give to her when our entire region has been moving in the same direction (up and down) with 3 very different sets of leaders since the beginning.

I will say she was very passionate about locking down all economic, educational, and recreational activity. If that's what got us our low numbers in Orleans, then she gets credit.

"Now what?" is the question.

I just heard some NFL writer, I think Vic Lombardi, on WWL Radio saying the now that "the WHO says that you can't get COVID from asymptomatic people" the NFL is ready to come back because the NFL wouldn't let someone with the sniffles into their head quarters.

That's clearly not what WHO said, but because their statement wasn't very clear and the headlines don't actually match what they said, the WHO statement is going to cause a lot of people who either didn't bother to read what they said or read what they want to read to think that the above is true.

I just heard some NFL writer, I think Vic Lombardi, on WWL Radio saying the now that "the WHO says that you can't get COVID from asymptomatic people" the NFL is ready to come back because the NFL wouldn't let someone with the sniffles into their head quarters.

That's clearly not what WHO said, but because their statement wasn't very clear and the headlines don't actually match what they said, the WHO statement is going to cause a lot of people who either didn't bother to read what they said or read what they want to read to think that the above is true.

Last week they also abruptly reversed course on mask wearing, saying people should do it after a prolonged period of saying "It doesn't help." Their communication has been disastrous.

Not to take any blame away from the WHO, because they certainly deserve it, but it sounds like the NFL has a little confirmation bias as well.

Not to take any blame away from the WHO, because they certainly deserve it, but it sounds like the NFL has a little confirmation bias as well.

No doubt. I think the NFL is one of the groups that read what they wanted to in the statement. You also won't be surprised that WWL radio host Tommy Tucker did not question the statement that the WHO said you can't get COVID from asympotomatic people.

I don't think it's going to spiral out of control yet, even with the protests. I think we'll pretty much hold serve, some areas may start slowly moving up in cases but it all comes unraveled in the fall. Just too many examples worldwide of managing the cases with the higher sun angles to not really believe it.

June 20th is Summer Solstice, sun reaches it's highest angle then.

Yeah because all of these protests are happening at high noon. Face it, it’s back for round 2. Just a general Memorial Day weekend and opening up is creating record cases in some areas.

Well I have had some mild breathing issues

Got some pretty bad anxiety to be honest which ain't helping
Hate to hear this. You know we're all pulling for you. You may have mentioned it earlier, but any idea where you think you were exposed to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom