COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thing is that no country has to open its borders to any other country. The WHO has to play politics because it is an organization that goes across countries. China may drag its feet on the WHO entering into their country and snooping around, but what do you think the chances of the CDC doing that? How about zero. China isn’t the only one that would have those reservations also. So by putting all your eggs into the CDC, you are crippling yourself with a good third of the worlds population. Not a smart choice. Now, there is of course room for improvement. But that rarely involves stomping your foot and pouting while walking home.

We let our guard down for one small gathering at someone's house, but in their screened porch. I regret it.

Also, she had a death of a grade school friend, and has been stressed. Not sure if that had much to do with it, but sometimes you'd mental state really messes up your physical state.
Well thankfully you guys made it out with just a cold. I used to hate summer colds but I'd take 10 of those instead of covid. I've also adopted a new way of thinking about it all. I still respect it and I still take precautions but I'm tired of hiding scared. If I get it I get it. I don't want it but I also want to live my life and not be relegated to hiding in my house. As contagious as it is chances are I'll have it anyhow at some point so if that happens I don't want to be miserable right up to that point. I'm not licking door handles or anything like that but I'm also not in a bubble either.

Well thankfully you guys made it out with just a cold. I used to hate summer colds but I'd take 10 of those instead of covid. I've also adopted a new way of thinking about it all. I still respect it and I still take precautions but I'm tired of hiding scared. If I get it I get it. I don't want it but I also want to live my life and not be relegated to hiding in my house. As contagious as it is chances are I'll have it anyhow at some point so if that happens I don't want to be miserable right up to that point. I'm not picking door handles or anything like that but I'm also not in a bubble either.
Part of me was hoping she had it, since it was so mild. Best way to have it. haha

Side note, it really exposed an issue with health care I wasn't expected.

The Urgent care set it up as a teledoc thing. They can't look in your throat or up your nose. No real exam.

The doc suspects it could be mild COVID-19. Fluids, rest, get the test.

her primary won't see her, without two negative tests...

The urgent care won't see her until she tests negative.

So, at no point could she have actually gone to see a doctor? The only option was to go to the ER. That's stupid expensive. You're telling me no urgent cares have PPE to deal with this? After all these months? What if she had strep or something?

Part of me was hoping she had it, since it was so mild. Best way to have it. haha

The Urgent care set it up as a teledoc thing. They can't look in your throat or up your nose. No real exam.

So, at no point could she have actually gone to see a doctor? The only option was to go to the ER. That's stupid expensive. You're telling me no urgent cares have PPE to deal with this? After all these months? What if she had strep or something?
There's been just a truck load of short comings exposed in this. So she goes to an ER negative and is trapped in there with positives because that's their only option also. Guess what happens next? I'm just disappointed in pretty much everything these days. The saying my dad used really is true although I always hoped it wasn't. He used to tell me "watch your own butt because no one else will".

And by extension what does that say about Florida’s (and other’s) numbers?

I am an open critic of Cantrell so take it FWIW but Orleans numbers look very similar to Jefferson and St. Tammany, so, I'm honestly not sure how much credit to give to her when our entire region has been moving in the same direction (up and down) with 3 very different sets of leaders since the beginning.

I will say she was very passionate about locking down all economic, educational, and recreational activity. If that's what got us our low numbers in Orleans, then she gets credit.

"Now what?" is the question.

Not based off anything but my own reasoning, but that the suburbs of New Orleans would follow similar trends as New Orleans despite having different leadership is not surprising to me. It's still the entertainment and economic center of the region.

I don’t. Why spend money on a foreign organization when we can increase CDC research and provide the funding to the states. A lot of diseases don’t originate here, what are you trying to get at?

Because it's a lot easier to fight diseases before they spread.

Not based off anything but my own reasoning, but that the suburbs of New Orleans would follow similar trends as New Orleans despite having different leadership is not surprising to me. It's still the entertainment and economic center of the region.

True, however keep in mind that 1) JP has more people than Orleans, 2) the "entertainment and economic" parts of Orleans have been shut down since March, and 3) Orleans has been under stricter rules than JP and St. Tammany.

I think its fair to say that both the leaders and residents of this region took social distancing more seriously than the rest of the state - at least up until a few weeks ago.

I also think there is a certain amount of luck involved as to where a spike develops. There are some neighborhoods in Orleans that have been hammered by Covid and some where it basically never appeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom