COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.8M cases and 131,118 deaths in US) (23 Viewers)

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
UPDATED TRACKER LINKS:

It shouldn't be a big deal but with a large number of people unable to afford healthcare, and the anti vax crowd growing there's a small chance that this could be interesting.

Last edited:

HoustonSaint68

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've been lurking but not commenting until now.

It just amazes me (well, maybe not really) that some folks believe that not wearing a mask makes them some kind of patriot striking a blow for individual liberty. Meanwhile, you just know that a very high proportion of them have no idea what is really in the EARN Act but support it because their senator says that it's only about child abuse; and that they support no-knock warrants; and that they couldn't really give two farts about the 4th Amendment.

All the while, they are deeply convinced that people who wear masks are the government's "sheep". Oh, well, I guess real sheep don't actually realize that they're sheep.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Yeah, but the replies are complaining about the Saints being "political" for asking people to wear masks.
I think they realize they can either get on the train and lose some supporters that aren't smart enough to tie their own shoes or not get on the train and have no shot at a season this year.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
Looks like the NFL is finally getting serious about having a season.
Yeah, but the replies are complaining about the Saints being "political" for asking people to wear masks.
That is the saddest Twitter fed I've ever read. We are royally forked people.

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
925 new cases of Covid in Austin area yesterday after over 900 the day before. I remember the good ole days when that was a bad day for the state of Texas.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, Louisiana just hit the magical 10% positive test rate that is supposed to mean that we shouldn't be in Phase One much less Phase 2, but I somehow doubt we are going to move backs to Phase 1 or Stay at Home:

Sun Wukong

The Richest Duck in the World
Reaction score
The thing about all these mask wearing campaigns is they aren't going to help. The lines have been drawn: you are either a reasonable person who understands why you should be doing it, or an ignorant and selfish moron that thinks your perceived "freedoms" are more important than public health and safety. And there are too many of the latter to stop the spread. Short of new stay at home orders or strictly enforced mask mandates we are 100% screwed.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The replies are just insane. Ranging from blindly calling this a "Marxist Slogan" to complaining that carbon dioxide is dangerous as if wearing a mask makes you breath carbon dioxide.

And, seriously, when the hell did a public health issue like wearing a mask during a pandemic become political?

Sun Wukong

The Richest Duck in the World
Reaction score
Election Day, 2016
It really started before that. This stuff is rooted in things like the antivax movement, or Obama era conspiracy theories or any number of other things related to aggressive skepticism of science or authority. He's a symptom of the disease and not the disease itself, but the symptom is unquestionably making things worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 11)

Headlines

Top Bottom