COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any vaccine in the pipeline won’t be commercially available for another 12 months MINIMUM. We need to just accept that.

Our current development record is 4 years. We haven’t really “cured” anything since polio. I am not holding out much hope for a vaccine that is totally effective, let alone one that will be available to the public before 2021.

I see Dago hasn't been on the boards today. I wonder how he's doing.

Any vaccine in the pipeline won’t be commercially available for another 12 months MINIMUM. We need to just accept that.

Our current development record is 4 years. We haven’t really “cured” anything since polio. I am not holding out much hope for a vaccine that is totally effective, let alone one that will be available to the public before 2021.

And we have never (never) had successfully developed a vaccine for a coronavirus.

I would bet on some type of treatment coming on line long before a vaccine. Still probably a year away for that.

This is interesting. The chart for google search volume related to Covid symptoms roughly tracks the new case chart. Also suggest that a new upward trajectory may be coming in New Orleans.

Went to dinner Sat w/ buddy from Tulane Medical.

Performed over 300 tests last week- 0 positive. ( this testing is contained to Tulane staff and 1st responders )

I think we are still getting folks w/ allergies dealing with pollen blooms ( after all the rains we have had over last 30 days ) and wanting to verify.

I hope anyway.

On a side note- saw my first client today that told me both her and hubby had in early March. No hospital, but she said it was a terrible 10 days and another 14 days to fully regain strength and health. Said it was the fatigue that was the main issue. She said she would rise in am, sit on edge of bed and say ok im laying back down lol. Miserable for 10 days straight.

Havent had a client in the office til today that copped to having COVID. Felt a bit awkward too as i probably got visibly concerned when she told me ( she was wearing mask and i have a divider ) Its been 3 mo so hopefully she didnt have any virus to shed lol

Well I have had some mild breathing issues

Got some pretty bad anxiety to be honest which ain't helping
I called a testing center yesterday to be tested. They said they would get back to me but have not. Outside of a fluctuating temperature and very mild cough, I feel great. I am continuing working in empty houses, and being distanced from everyone. Still waiting to be tested. Take care.

Why is open air learning not an option in a school district's reopening plan instead of distance learning or the plan of some go one day and some go another. It was done in the past.

Attachments

• 20200610_154325.jpg
    20200610_154325.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 3
I called a testing center yesterday to be tested. They said they would get back to me but have not. Outside of a fluctuating temperature and very mild cough, I feel great. I am continuing working in empty houses, and being distanced from everyone. Still waiting to be tested. Take care.

Stay on them or try a different center

Why is open air learning not an option in a school district's reopening plan instead of distance learning or the plan of some go one day and some go another. It was done in the past.

Because nobody is going to sit outside in the Louisiana August/September heat and humidity to teach/learn, when they can just do it online with modern technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom