COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But kids can go outside and play in the heat all day as we did when we were kids

Well, first they wouldn't be playing. Its a lot different to be able to go outside and play and do whatever it is you want to do in the heat. Its another to have to sit in a desk and pay attention to something you didn't want to be doing anyway.

Why is open air learning not an option in a school district's reopening plan instead of distance learning or the plan of some go one day and some go another. It was done in the past.
After Sandy Hook, a state law was enacted (at least here in La) requiring exterior and interior doors to be locked wherever students were - in the classroom, cafeteria, etc, along with other security measures. It was/is extreme IMO and ignores the psychological damage done to children - raising them to think of schools as a dangerous place and being basically on lockdown all the time. And yes, it does look like the safest setup post-Covid will be to touch those doorknobs as little as possible, and spread out outside. We'll see...

I see where this is going. At what point will additional steps be taken to slow the spread or is just full blown fork it at this point?

Basically when all that stuff we locked down over to begin with (overloaded hospitals, spiraling deaths, etc.) starts to happen. That will be the only thing.

Although I will say I've seen a bit more Covid coverage creeping back into the news the past few days.

I see where this is going. At what point will additional steps be taken to slow the spread or is just full blown fork it at this point?
It's what the people want, and in an election year so we know that our politicians will give it to them. We've had people marching on government buildings with AR15's because they want to contract, and spread, the virus.

It shouldn't be a big deal. Avoid licking every doorknob that we see, and have the courtesy to wear a mask so that we don't spread our filth to others. It isn't possible for our society. We roam around like toddlers, touching everything, and putting our hands in our mouths, and then we touch things again.

I'm going to do my best to protect myself. I hope that everyone here does the same but we know, by this thread, that some won't.

They're invincible, and they don't care about those who are not.

I'm fed up. At work, we're required to wear masks. People are wearing them under their chins. Their reason is that their mask doesn't protect them so they don't need to wear it properly. Toddlers of all ages worried about nothing other than their inconveniences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom