COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.8M cases and 131,118 deaths in US) (60 Viewers)

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
UPDATED TRACKER LINKS:

It shouldn't be a big deal but with a large number of people unable to afford healthcare, and the anti vax crowd growing there's a small chance that this could be interesting.

Last edited:

Sun Wukong

The Richest Duck in the World
Reaction score
Abbott brought this on himself. He ignored the data, threw the doors wide open when he shouldn't have and crowed big time about it, and then realized the cost of his error and is trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube except now the toothpaste is ignorant and belligerent.

But it probably would have happened anyway.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Abbott brought this on himself. He ignored the data, threw the doors wide open when he shouldn't have and crowed big time about it, and then realized the cost of his error and is trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube except now the toothpaste is ignorant and belligerent.

But, but, we kept them Cajuns and New Yorkers out. Or something.

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If you are banning people from trying to be safe, aren't you taking away their rights and targeting people by making a stigma of them. I think people forget that the right to do something stupid doesn't protect them from the right of other people to react.
He has a very myopic view of the situation. On it's own, it's not his tiny little bar that the problem. It's his tiny little bar, the other tiny little bar down the street, another tiny bar also down the street, a small'ish bar across town, a medium bar a few miles away, etc, etc, that collectively are the problem. But you could never convince someone with that opinion to think larger than their own self interests.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ha. He sees patients from a lot of companies and was speaking generally, but, yeah, I am concerned that a lot of our guys aren't taking it seriously. We're preaching the gospel, believe me, but we can't be with them 24/7.
Strange. Maritime workers are usually such a cautious and rational bunch.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I mean really? Why now? What are they relying on to think that this is suddenly fine? Or have they just decided that they can't make money running planes at reduced occupancy?
Well, it's either fill em up or file for bankruptcy. There's really no other way unless the government bails them out.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If people can't get themselves sick in an 80,000 seat football stadium. They just seek it out a 20+ people gameday party to do it.

I have very little faith come football season

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score

El
Oh
El

Belligerent Toothpaste sounds like a a great name for a band or a crazy movie.

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Welp...

One of the main reasons we cancelled our flight on American this past weekend. I'm expecting to receive evouchers that can be used by Dec 2021, but there's a chance we may get full refund of nearly $2k since AA changed the return trip departure time and we didn't know.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
One of the main reasons we cancelled our flight on American this past weekend. I'm expecting to receive evouchers that can be used by Dec 2021, but there's a chance we may get full refund of nearly $2k since AA changed the return trip departure time and we didn't know.
Yeah, I'd take the full refund if at all possible. I'm not flying anytime soon, if ever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 20, Guests: 22)

Headlines

Top Bottom