COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is open air learning not an option in a school district's reopening plan instead of distance learning or the plan of some go one day and some go another. It was done in the past.
school shootings, probably. No hard corners, doors, etc.

And winter...

Last edited:
Austin TX Covid Update. There has been an average of 140 new cases the past 4 days. By far the highest spike experienced in this Area. One day saw over 170 new cases. Early May was supposed to be the flattening of the curve. Since late May when everything pretty much opened up there has been a severe spike.

It’s a strange thing in the media cycle. A couple of weeks ago, COVID coverage was displaced by the protests, which coincided with a lot of reopening. So a lot of people stopped paying much attention to COVID, and when they tune back in it’s going to be a bit of a shock that this thing is picking up steam in a lot of places.

We were just warned that the next wave could hit here in September. Earlier than was hoped for. And all of our meetings are around year long interruptions to the school and very different models of managing.

Obviously the protests are a major movement but it also feels like media coverage could have maintained more virus than I felt (and I could be off because I don’t consume a lot of US news on TV). I mean, you have 24 hours.

we’re gonna wake up and stumble into the kitchen and see an unwelcome guest passed out on the couch and think to ourselves “I thought he left....”

It’s a strange thing in the media cycle. A couple of weeks ago, COVID coverage was displaced by the protests, which coincided with a lot of reopening. So a lot of people stopped paying much attention to COVID, and when they tune back in it’s going to be a bit of a shock that this thing is picking up steam in a lot of places.

We were just warned that the next wave could hit here in September. Earlier than was hoped for. And all of our meetings are around year long interruptions to the school and very different models of managing.

Obviously the protests are a major movement but it also feels like media coverage could have maintained more virus than I felt (and I could be off because I don’t consume a lot of US news on TV). I mean, you have 24 hours.

we’re gonna wake up and stumble into the kitchen and see an unwelcome guest passed out on the couch and think to ourselves “I thought he left....”
I like others on here never stopped following the Corona. With the way local media has been behaving you'd think the Virus has disappeared when in fact this new wave in Austin is shattering previous spikes or in some causes almost doubling previous daily high case counts. All of this while it has been extremely hot in Austin.

I like others on here never stopped following the Corona. With the way local media has been behaving you'd think the Virus has disappeared when in fact this new wave in Austin is shattering previous spikes or in some causes almost doubling previous daily high case counts. All of this while it has been extremely hot in Austin.

same

of course, I suspect it's a lot easier here than back in the States. The statements issued by the province and the city come out every day. Numbers are reported daily and followed. Local and provincial media are all over it. Local and provincial leaders are still trying to stay on top of it.

There are times when I feel like Canada and the US are on opposite sides of the world, compared to sharing a border. And this is one of those times.

These spikes in the middle of summer are worrisome. Makes you think this winter could get ugly.

I think its more a steady spread than a spike. It's a lot of places that did not get hit hard early on that are now seeing it.

A few weeks ago we were all wondering why South America didn't seem to have many cases - its there now.

I think the virus is just working its way through the global population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom