COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maricopa County has 4.5 Million people, basically larger than Miami-Dade and Broward County combined.
1592240567312.png

1592240689260.png

Major Reservations in the north are probably leading the per capita numbers..

1592240848019.png

1592240914774.png

Looks like Apache County has been pretty flat, but has been dealing with this for a while.

1592240983202.png

I belive AZ ended the stay home order on May 15th.

Pima
1592241123493.png

Maricopa (Phoenix)

1592241171818.png

They have some cool health data metrics. Ventilators will probably spike in a week or so. https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/...se-epidemiology/covid-19/dashboards/index.php

1592241241683.png

Here is the major outlier.. It's younger folks who have it. As far as I know, this is the only state to see so many 20-44 with it, and not older populations. That could help out a lot, if they don't transmit it to their parents/grandparents.

1592241307764.png
The only thing I can add here is Arizona only has 15 counties in the entire state. Florida has 67. If Florida only had 15 counties, I'm
sure some of those would blow Marcopa CO. in Arizona away population wise

Just went to Wal-Mart in Walker, La. First time I have been inside a store since February. Felt like an alien with n99 mask on. Placed was jammed packed and less than 10% with masks on. Going fishing tomorrow and I have a skin cancer problem so wanted some long sleeve t-shirts. Should have taken my chance with skin cancer, got to be safer than that wal-mart.
AT costco, outside pumping gas, about half of us were wearing masks.

That's a situation where no one probably needs to be in one, but nice to see a lot of people wearing them. The workers sure do.

Just went to Wal-Mart in Walker, La. First time I have been inside a store since February. Felt like an alien with n99 mask on. Placed was jammed packed and less than 10% with masks on. Going fishing tomorrow and I have a skin cancer problem so wanted some long sleeve t-shirts. Should have taken my chance with skin cancer, got to be safer than that wal-mart.

I went to the Walgreens on Harrison Ave. in the Lakeview area of New Orleans today. Maybe 30% of the customers were wearing masks and one of 4 employees had her mask down below her chin. And all the people without masks refused to stay 6 feet away except in the checkout line which has marks for each 6 feet. People just don't care anymore even in New Orleans where masks are required in stores and there are big signs saying that you have to wear a mask. It doesn't matter if the store won't enforce it.

Bout to take my corny arse to New Zealand and just deal with being outnumbered by sheep.

I'm not even ready for football season or my usual gimmick antics.

I actually looked into it about 10 years ago and remember there being some sort of point system where basically you tell them why they want or need you over there and as soon as I saw that I was like well this isn't going to work out :hihi:

If you wear a mask but you're constantly touching it while working, adjusting it, taking a break to breathe fresh air and such. Doesn't it become almost like wearing a Petri dish on your face?

I went to the Walgreens on Harrison Ave. in the Lakeview area of New Orleans today. Maybe 30% of the customers were wearing masks and one of 4 employees had her mask down below her chin. And all the people without masks refused to stay 6 feet away except in the checkout line which has marks for each 6 feet. People just don't care anymore even in New Orleans where masks are required in stores and there are big signs saying that you have to wear a mask. It doesn't matter if the store won't enforce it.
I fear this will be long..,

As a dance teacher, I began to appreciate that people do not have (or have unlearned) an innate sense of their physical person - most adults’ bodies are complete mysteries to them
Thus people do not have a personal sense of well-being, only a comparison in relation to those around them— which may be why we’re so susceptible to social media information about wellbeing. We see pictures/videos of others living without constraint, and that social cuing overwhelms whatever personal sense of protection we might have

Of course that’s not everyone, and some expose themselves more to (hyper)informed caution than finger-crossing abandon

((Of course course the history of snake oil salesmen and other dubious medical interventions tell us this is nothing new, but I do think Facebook amplifies it to extreme levels)

I fear this will be long..,

As a dance teacher, I began to appreciate that people do not have (or have unlearned) an innate sense of their physical person - most adults’ bodies are complete mysteries to them
Thus people do not have a personal sense of well-being, only a comparison in relation to those around them— which may be why we’re so susceptible to social media information about wellbeing. We see pictures/videos of others living without constraint, and that social cuing overwhelms whatever personal sense of protection we might have

Of course that’s not everyone, and some expose themselves more to (hyper)informed caution than finger-crossing abandon

((Of course course the history of snake oil salesmen and other dubious medical interventions tell us this is nothing new, but I do think Facebook amplifies it to extreme levels)

It wasn't inrats long, but close. :9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom