COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abbott brought this on himself. He ignored the data, threw the doors wide open when he shouldn't have and crowed big time about it, and then realized the cost of his error and is trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube except now the toothpaste is ignorant and belligerent.

But it probably would have happened anyway.

Abbott brought this on himself. He ignored the data, threw the doors wide open when he shouldn't have and crowed big time about it, and then realized the cost of his error and is trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube except now the toothpaste is ignorant and belligerent.

But, but, we kept them Cajuns and New Yorkers out. Or something.

If you are banning people from trying to be safe, aren't you taking away their rights and targeting people by making a stigma of them. I think people forget that the right to do something stupid doesn't protect them from the right of other people to react.

He has a very myopic view of the situation. On it's own, it's not his tiny little bar that the problem. It's his tiny little bar, the other tiny little bar down the street, another tiny bar also down the street, a small'ish bar across town, a medium bar a few miles away, etc, etc, that collectively are the problem. But you could never convince someone with that opinion to think larger than their own self interests.

Ha. He sees patients from a lot of companies and was speaking generally, but, yeah, I am concerned that a lot of our guys aren't taking it seriously. We're preaching the gospel, believe me, but we can't be with them 24/7.

Strange. Maritime workers are usually such a cautious and rational bunch.

I mean really? Why now? What are they relying on to think that this is suddenly fine? Or have they just decided that they can't make money running planes at reduced occupancy?

Well, it's either fill em up or file for bankruptcy. There's really no other way unless the government bails them out.

Welp...

The two most indebted airlines coming out against the grain of the other airlines on this one tells me they are on the edge of bankruptcy. I'll just add more puts on them when the market opens tomorrow.

If people can't get themselves sick in an 80,000 seat football stadium. They just seek it out a 20+ people gameday party to do it.

I have very little faith come football season

El
Oh
El

Belligerent Toothpaste sounds like a a great name for a band or a crazy movie.

Welp...

One of the main reasons we cancelled our flight on American this past weekend. I'm expecting to receive evouchers that can be used by Dec 2021, but there's a chance we may get full refund of nearly $2k since AA changed the return trip departure time and we didn't know.

One of the main reasons we cancelled our flight on American this past weekend. I'm expecting to receive evouchers that can be used by Dec 2021, but there's a chance we may get full refund of nearly $2k since AA changed the return trip departure time and we didn't know.

Yeah, I'd take the full refund if at all possible. I'm not flying anytime soon, if ever.

I have over a 1M airline miles with American. Trying to figure out what to do with them. If they file bankruptcy, not sure if I'd lose them or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom