COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

So that report is getting a lot of chatter, been posted a few times here - it's interesting but it should be noted that it being "more contagious" is speculation based on its presumed enhanced binding capability, not based on any infection data (other than the observation that the variant tends to take over in a given area, which suggests greater transmissibility). And other virologists have cautioned to not interpret it too dramatically, as variation in coronavirus is common but not very "wide". In other words, the two "strains" might be identifiably different in structure but not meaningfully different in human transmission and pathology.

:shrug: who knows.

Last edited:
Ok @superchuck500 ......here we are at Sunday again with the reports. Lowest daily cases and deaths reported since March 29th. What do you see happening in the next 2 days?

Wow! Who could have seen this coming?

Only part of this that makes me feel bad is that now
More doctors and nurses will have to put their health on the line
For these idiots.

Ok @superchuck500 ......here we are at Sunday again with the reports. Lowest daily cases and deaths reported since March 29th. What do you see happening in the next 2 days?

I’m gonna jump in here too.

Cases going back up. Sunday and Monday are always the low point.

Many cities barely even report numbers(2/3rds of my current city didn’t report anything today and we are the fourth largest city in the country) and most facilities are on skeleton crews for processing. Then Mondays are spent catching up and Tuesday/Wednesday are when the dump is made.

We know we have bent the curve in the hottest area of the country, and that hot area is largely being cautious in their next steps. But 14 days from now is the real test as many states are forcing themselves open without meeting any of the minimum guidelines and as their case load was still increasing. For a net re-increase not to happen would basically require the current hotspots to drastically fall off relative to the places that are likely to see an uptick, or it would defy all evidence we have of this virus and it’s spread up to this point.

Very good chance this next week or two is the low point before a possible resurgence gets under way.

When keeping it real goes wrong. Or something.

466CD620-27C7-448F-AB1E-EE00A6F17434.jpeg

I’m gonna jump in here too.

Cases going back up. Sunday and Monday are always the low point.

Many cities barely even report numbers(2/3rds of my current city didn’t report anything today and we are the fourth largest city in the country) and most facilities are on skeleton crews for processing. Then Mondays are spent catching up and Tuesday/Wednesday are when the dump is made.

We know we have bent the curve in the hottest area of the country, and that hot area is largely being cautious in their next steps. But 14 days from now is the real test as many states are forcing themselves open without meeting any of the minimum guidelines and as their case load was still increasing. For a net re-increase not to happen would basically require the current hotspots to drastically fall off relative to the places that are likely to see an uptick, or it would defy all evidence we have of this virus and it’s spread up to this point.

Very good chance this next week or two is the low point before a possible resurgence gets under way.

You can’t fix stupid and you can’t stop crazy.

But you sure as heck can fire their arse.

Counts will be back up by Wednesday - daily numbers are interesting, with the weekend effect being curious. But 7-day averages are more revealing. I can't imagine that the 7-day averages don't start climbing significantly over the next two to three weeks.

Covid or no Covid, that's nasty.

I'm curious to see what the numbers look like for Texas this week. Speaking anecdotally from what I've seen on Facebook and heard from friends, the "soft" re-opening from the government had the effect if giving people cover to stop being as cautious as everyone had been. I think a lot of people are "over" all of the precautions, and depending on the person they see it as a green light to get back to doing what they normally do. Bars and restaurants were packed this weekend, and there are a bunch of bars, particularly outdoor type places in exurbs/rural areas that are not taking the 25% capacity thing seriously at all. In those places, there's really nobody that is going to enforce it. I'm withholding judgement until I see what happens to the numbers over the next week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom