COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
UPDATED TRACKER LINKS:

It shouldn't be a big deal but with a large number of people unable to afford healthcare, and the anti vax crowd growing there's a small chance that this could be interesting.

Last edited:

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's a good question and I don't really know the answer. But that won't stop me from speculating. :)

I recall seeing something about how the virus mostly spreads from "super spreader" events. Basically a large gathering of people in close proximity where an infected person is present. Mardi Gras, as many suspected, may have been exactly that. Our neighboring states didn't have that super spreader event during that time period and haven't really had them since. If that's the case, on a macro level it seems it will make it easier to control by just avoiding super spreader events. But, it doesn't bode well for events like football games and Jazz Fest even if they are outside.
It would be interesting to know how many in NO that caught it were just outside for Mardi gras or sis folks catch it in bars or at the galas after the parades. Lots of indoor parties too.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know how many in NO that caught it were just outside for Mardi gras or sis folks catch it in bars or at the galas after the parades. Lots of indoor parties too.
True. Lots of stuff does happen indoors during Mardi Gras. But, that's also true of Jazz Fest and at least Saints football games.

OP
Eeyore

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
I have substantial doubt about their future because a new, blockbuster movie ticket is over $20, I have an assigned seat despite being the first person at the theater, and a drink costs $13.

Just let me have pay per view at home. It's still $20 but I don't have to drive, I can drink whatever I want, and I can pause to pee.

Dallas_Saint73

Squat, Bench, Deadlift.
Reaction score
Still money laundering my man. Also, look up Saddam and Atlanta Fed.
Don’t deny that it doesn’t happen at all, but there are other, much smarter ways to handle funding US-funded
Still money laundering my man. Also, look up Saddam and Atlanta Fed.
I am aware of this event . It took place well before AML as we know it today. My point is that due to the advancement in money laundering, any funding of illicit activity by the US will not be going through our financial system. It’s possible but carries significant risk.

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
10 days out from the Memorial Day superspreader event that is keeping Orleans in Phase I

SharonT

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So Louisiana and the rest of the Gulf South are now protected in a smothering blanket of humidity for the next few months. Good. Too bad it can't continue past that.
It's only humid outside. If you're inside with A/C and other people you're fair game. Save money by turning off the AC. Use fans. Win-win. :D (I'm sure this will go over real big. )

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's only humid outside. If you're inside with A/C and other people you're fair game. Save money by turning off the AC. Use fans. Win-win. :D (I'm sure this will go over real big. )
It’s supposed to be 109 here today with 25% humidity. I’ll just socially distance instead of turning on a humidifier and turning off my AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Saints won't benefit from NFL adding salary cap space due to COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints attempting their own semi-bubble to cope with COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Training Camp: Opt-Outs and COVID-19 Report (Week 1) SR News Page Articles 0
RedJem Jags place Gardner Minshew on Covid list Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 24
faceman Matthew Stafford tests positive (for COVID-19) [mod edit] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 102
Andrus Saints haven't reported any positive COVID-19 tests yet SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Fifteen new COVID related cases today in NFL Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Dan in Lafayette Nineteen new COVID related cases yesterday NFL Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 28
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton says he won't be surprised to see games affected by COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
jrdbrn Beau Rivage and the COVID Everything Else Board 4
If the season is shortened or canceled due to covid Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
jmalon3 NFL COVID Opt out list Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
ktmoze Saints Training Camp: Battling COVID-19 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints training camp: Rookies, veteran players testing for COVID-19 soon SR News Page Articles 0
FlySaint Jameis on the shelf? (Speculation about Covid roster strategy) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
NFL, NFLPA reach agreement on COVID-19 adjustments to CBA - Season is a Go Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 11
Pelicans shootaround update: Without a doubt, Grizzlies matchup is ‘big game’ Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans shootaround update: New Orleans emphasizes aggressive approach vs. Utah Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans shootaround update: Starter minutes may increase in final scrimmage Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans shootaround update: New Orleans welcomes back Zion; encouraging defensive signs Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Update on Pelicans forward Zion Williamson Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0