COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A unified world demand would be hard to resist. Australia is leading the effort right now. I think that the US should strongly support it but avoid casting it as a US/China thing. It needs to be a human-race thing.

The Australian move at the World Health Assembly (a body of the WHO) already has 122 nations on signature. I think it needs to be elevated to the full UN, with sanctions for non-participation.

I agree but I just don't see China as a country that will do that. They will cover up first and at some point lash out. Since the beginning of this they have used propaganda to try and blame the US military. That just isn't a country that's going to do an about face and suddenly open up to the world. Wish they would as it would greatly increase the chances of this not happening again. The links you posted are starting to paint a different picture of how this thing got started that people originally believed. Is the world ready to deal with China if it gets proven? Can the world deal with China?

Let's hope the scientists/doctors that created it get MASSIVE bonuses at the end of the year, if this pans out.
Would be fantastic, but something tells me that's not how it'll work. They'll get a nice Christmas ham, a pat on the back, and a "nice job!"

I agree but I just don't see China as a country that will do that. They will cover up first and at some point lash out. Since the beginning of this they have used propaganda to try and blame the US military. That just isn't a country that's going to do an about face and suddenly open up to the world. Wish they would as it would greatly increase the chances of this not happening again. The links you posted are starting to paint a different picture of how this thing got started that people originally believed. Is the world ready to deal with China if it gets proven? Can the world deal with China?

Exhibit "A".

Texas opening up more.
Gov. Greg Abbott announced daycare can reopen immediately, while on Friday, bars and bowling alleys will be able to partially reopen and restaurants can begin allowing more customers inside.

By May 31, Abbott said youth sports and overnight camps can resume, along with professional sports.

The lifting of the restrictions comes as Abbott said the state is managing the spread of coronavirus, but he still urged residents to continue practicing social distancing and wearing face masks.

giphy.gif

We are gearing up for opening labs and getting science rolling again (albeit limited) for June 1. Not certain how this will really work, but I foresee tons of spray bottles with 10% bleach with at least 1 in every room that has common use freezers or fridges.

Let's hope the scientists/doctors that created it get MASSIVE bonuses at the end of the year, if this pans out.
Unfortunately, that company will probably be bought out, and all the scientists let go. Thats how it works in pharma these days...

and when you see things like this, it only increases that skepticism:

Georgia's latest errors in reporting COVID-19 data confounds...

apparently, the dates were put in the wrong order and the order in which they *happened* to be put made it look like a downward trend in cases that wasn't *actually* taking place.
On Saturday Texas reported its highest daily spike in Covid cases in a while. There were over 1800 new cases. This shows things are far from okay from opening up. I saw an article where bars are going to open up again. Because being socially responsible, preventing the spread of disease and drinking go well together.

With so many cases in Texas already, people not wearing mask frequently now this Virus is going to explode now.

I feel the need to explain that my "Face palm" emojis is NOT for you, the posters, but the content that THIS is happening. Like, are humans this stupid and corrupt. Thousands and thousands of lives are at stake, This really isn't the time for political gamesmanship. I am just so frustrated reading this. It's truly disheartening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom