COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it - the hub was shut down so the spokes of the wheel saw less activity. But those spokes have a lot of activity on their own and have had looser rules - honestly I am surprised they have the same results as Orleans as it appears to me that mask wearing stops at the Orleans Parish line.

Let's just hope it doesn't come back here from the parts of the state that aren't doing so good or from Mississippi which is also apparently getting a spike. But I don't know if the spike is in the Boloxi/Gulf Port area or father away.

Sorry if already posted. My aunt lived there for many years and my cousin pulled her out a few weeks ago. She stayed at my cousin's home (her daughter) for a while and is now in another home. Article is from yesterday.

Let's just hope it doesn't come back here from the parts of the state that aren't doing so good or from Mississippi which is also apparently getting a spike. But I don't know if the spike is in the Boloxi/Gulf Port area or father away.

Let's be real. Do you honestly think it won't spike in the city with the protests happening? There's too many videos of people stacked on each other.

A person on Twitter recently stated that they followed all precautions... except for the mass gatherings because they went to the protests. I am not saying don't go, but you have to be smart and not rub up on people and keep a safe distance.

Deaths seem way up today in the USA.
Can't really look at day to day because of the fluctuations in reporting. Compare it to last Tuesday....1186 last Tuesday and we're at 1002 so far today so it may end up higher but not as much as if you compare it to sun-mon.

Let's be real. Do you honestly think it won't spike in the city with the protests happening? There's too many videos of people stacked on each other.

A person on Twitter recently stated that they followed all precautions... except for the mass gatherings because they went to the protests. I am not saying don't go, but you have to be smart and not rub up on people and keep a safe distance.

I don't really know. I suspect there will be a spike from the protests, but at least it was outdoors and if it was mostly people who live in New Orleans or the surrounding parishes, since there isn't much virus here then there is some hope it won't spread enough to cause a serious spike. But, I mean there really isn't a way to really social distance at a protest. But, I do have to say that it looked like mask usage was very high at the protests in New Orleans.

That being said, I wasn't excluding the protests as a possible source of a spike, I was just commenting on the fact that Orleans and Jefferson have had low numbers where as some parts of Louisiana and Mississippi have not been doing so well which could mean that the virus could spread back here from those places. Combine that with the information above that Louisiana is having issues with contact tracing and I think it's a legitimate concern.

I don't really know. I suspect there will be a spike from the protests, but at least it was outdoors and if it was mostly people who live in New Orleans or the surrounding parishes, since there isn't much virus here then there is some hope it won't spread enough to cause a serious spike. But, I mean there really isn't a way to really social distance at a protest. But, I do have to say that it looked like mask usage was very high at the protests in New Orleans.

That being said, I wasn't excluding the protests as a possible source of a spike, I was just commenting on the fact that Orleans and Jefferson have had low numbers where as some parts of Louisiana and Mississippi have not been doing so well which could mean that the virus could spread back here from those places. Combine that with the information above that Louisiana is having issues with contact tracing and I think it's a legitimate concern.

It's when people start traveling that I'm really worried about. And that's probably the fall for New Orleans, which will also be worse from a weather perspective.

It's when people start traveling that I'm really worried about. And that's probably the fall for New Orleans, which will also be worse from a weather perspective.

I do think that's the bigger concern. But I would bet we still get a lot of visitors from other parts of Louisiana and South Mississippi in the summer. But, hopefully the weather will keep it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom