COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a person who generally is antisocial and stays at home more so than not, I find this emphasis of staying at home and avoiding other people perfect.

Now only if people weren’t sick and dying, that I want to be over.

I'm definitely not antisocial, but I'm liking this work from home thing more than not. If it became a permanent thing, I'd be down with that. I wouldn't mind if we went to a one or two days in the office office each week with the rest from home. That would be a nice compromise to me.

I'm definitely not antisocial, but I'm liking this work from home thing more than not. If it became a permanent thing, I'd be down with that. I wouldn't mind if we went to a one or two days in the office office each week with the rest from home. That would be a nice compromise to me.

Yea after teleworking for about two months, we've started rotating a week in the office and a week teleworking. I've realized just how much time i lose getting ready and traveling to work every day.

Yeah our boss gave us the option going forward of WFH full time or 4 days in the office and off Fridays. I love working from home, but one less day of work was too hard to pass up.

Yeah our boss gave us the option going forward of WFH full time or 4 days in the office and off Fridays. I love working from home, but one less day of work was too hard to pass up.

Yeah, oof. I'm not sure what I'd do. My commute is 90 minutes each day and that would make choosing tough. I think I'd still rather work 5 days at home, but 4 from the office every week on the same salary would be tough to turn down.

Great news. No symptoms and no fever since last night
I know I am not out the woods yet, but considering I have had an auto-immune disorder (Guillain-Barre'), not in the greatest shape due to a car wreck and multiple spine surgeries, and high blood pressure I am either the luckiest SOB (which you can see ain't the case lol) with this amazing recovery or the ashwagandha worked (also getting plenty vitamins d and c as well as zinc)

My wife tested positive as well but has no symptoms so thank God for that

We expected it to happen but it still stinks.

And just because we're talking about Texas.

You also have to remember states are testing people in record numbers, so it makes sense we are seeing higher numbers in the case count. Also, notice that deaths are still on the decline.

You also have to remember states are testing people in record numbers, so it makes sense we are seeing higher numbers in the case count. Also, notice that deaths are still on the decline.

Since deaths are a lagging indicator, let's see what the trend looks like in 1-2 weeks. Hospitalizations are also a lagging indicator and those are increasing in Texas. Deaths follow hospitalizations.

Since deaths are a lagging indicator, let's see what the trend looks like in 1-2 weeks. Hospitalizations are also a lagging indicator and those are increasing in Texas. Deaths follow hospitalizations.

On a related note, we are 17 days out from Memorial Day and Orleans - really all of LA except NW-LA - is holding steady, which is good news.

If there is a "protest wave" coming it should appear sometime next week.

Well, deaths are the last thing to come around, so let's revisit in a week or two and see where we're at then.

Edit: what gboudx said. :9:

Something that is curious, when reporting the number of cases, why are we never informed of the number recovered, or at least minus the number who have recovered from the number of infected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom