COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like NYC did for the country, NOLA is overshadowing what is happening in La. The cases in NOLA got so high and have come down so much it's masking the outbreak happening in surrounding areas right now.

I'd sure love to see a US graph with NYC, NJ, Detroit and NOLA removed. Then a La graph with Nola removed. I think it would paint quite a different story.
Jeff Ashers site has that for Louisiana. You can see each Parish individually or by groups.

https://www.ahdatalytics.com/our-work

Here is statewide stats and then statewide without Jefferson and Orleans (whose tests get lumped together a lot). The trend for new cases is noticeably worse without Orleans and Jefferson but the other stats look OK - relatively low positive test % and an increasing number of tests, with steady number of hospitalizations/ICU/ventilators.

Attachments

• 20200616_220942.jpg
    20200616_220942.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20200616-220921_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200616-220921_Chrome.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
interesting is the age graph- the leading age group in every county is 25-34.
And that wasn't the case a month or two ago. Even Broward isn't skewed young yet. I wonder if I can get some age vs date data.

FWIW here is Louisiana if you just remove Orleans. Hard to tell if the rise in cases is due to continued increase in testing (given that positive % is steady) or if there is additional spread, or a little of both.

1592364172495.png

Looks like deaths in Florida have been on a steady decline. The increases in cases seem to be those partying or protesting.
Give a week or two to make sure that's still the case. Death's are a 7-14 day lagging indicator.

Our hope is that it's only young folks spiking, and then they get over it.

Jackson Hospital pulmonologist William Saliski cleared his throat as he started describing the dire situation created by the coronavirus pandemic in Montgomery to its City Council before they voted on a mandatory mask ordinance. "It's been a long day, I apologize," he said.

"The units are full with critically-ill COVID patients," Saliski said. About 90% of them are Black. He said hospitals are able to manage for now, but it's not sustainable. "This mask slows that down, 95% protection from something as easy as cloth. ... If this continues the way it's going, we will be overrun."

More doctors followed him to the microphone, describing the dead being carried out within 30 minutes of each other, and doctors being disturbed when people on the street ask them if the media is lying about the pandemic as part of a political ploy.

FWIW here is Louisiana if you just remove Orleans. Hard to tell if the rise in cases is due to continued increase in testing (given that positive % is steady) or if there is additional spread, or a little of both.

1592364172495.png
This is the only part that is worrisome in those charts. Very clear uptick that outpaces testing increases. The hospital and ICU data is probably going to lag a little and it sure looks like the early part of a big spike. I don't need thsoe charts to know La is in trouble though. Simply being in La the past two days showed me everything I needed to know.

I was trying to select a couple of parishes specifically, but I can't scroll up or down in the parish selection menu - any ideas?

This is what I get and I can't scroll up from this

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 8.33.24 AM.png

Anyone had mild symptoms and got over it? Last few days I've been tired... back has been hurting.. headaches... wife told me last night I was really warm. Took temp and it was 100. Went to bed and woke up to 98.8. Seems to be holding steady and I feel better this morning. Back isn't hurting as much, no headache, and feeling semi refreshed compared to recent days.

Why wouldn't they require a waiver? You think the schools and NCAA should be held liable if one of the athletes get COVID-19? I'm sure the NFL and other sports will require the same waivers. Either that or they just cancel the season.

I'm gonna go ahead and read the article in case I missed something.

Read the article and my point stands. I'm not seeing a problem with the terms of the waivers as described in the article. Article states this doesn’t affect their scholarship eligibility. So, :shrug:.

Maybe im off base, but I think it's more the idea that they are forcing this issue of playing ball when the Fall looks in all likelihood like the time COVID will ramp up again and taking away all potential liability issues from their money makers (of whom btw still cannot profit from the millions they make schools themselves).

The hospital and ICU data is probably going to lag a little and it sure looks like the early part of a big spike.
The hospital numbers are already starting a slow climb after a long period of steady decline. If it's lagging, then we better get ready for a big spike in hospital numbers.

Anyone had mild symptoms and got over it? Last few days I've been tired... back has been hurting.. headaches... wife told me last night I was really warm. Took temp and it was 100. Went to bed and woke up to 98.8. Seems to be holding steady and I feel better this morning. Back isn't hurting as much, no headache, and feeling semi refreshed compared to recent days.
You should get tested. Might be a bit late, but might not. Not sure what the protocol is in Louisiana. In florida, you can literally just schedule an appointment with CVS / Walgreens or various other locations.

I've felt rough over the last few days too. Dry cough for the last 4, sore.. Although I think it's more that I have light asthma and have been doing a lot of high elevation hiking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom