COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've felt rough over the last few days too. Dry cough for the last 4, sore.. Although I think it's more that I have light asthma and have been doing a lot of high elevation hiking though.
Two nights ago I had my first asthma attack in 20 years. I was trying to go to sleep and I started gasping for air. I got lucky that an ex had left her albuterol in the closet 9 years ago and I still have my old nebulizer. It saved me. The first thing that I thought about was Covid when I couldn't breathe properly. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to be why I had the attack but it does reinforce my belief that, if I get it, I won't make it.

I hope that your problem is just from the hiking.

Two nights ago I had my first asthma attack in 20 years. I was trying to go to sleep and I started gasping for air. I got lucky that an ex had left her albuterol in the closet 9 years ago and I still have my old nebulizer. It saved me. The first thing that I thought about was Covid when I couldn't breathe properly. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to be why I had the attack but it does reinforce my belief that, if I get it, I won't make it.

I hope that your problem is just from the hiking.

That's terrifying.. Will you go to the doctor and get some albuterol or similar? Hope you are able to do that. I had an asthma attack first time I moved here and think it was due to the elevation. Scariest thing, I really thought I'd have to be airlifted at one point because I was still on the trail and felt like I was suffocating. Luckily I sat down and it went away after several minutes.

Probably like you, I just know nothing good can come from getting it, which is why I still am staying away from large groups and going out in public as often. It seems it might have adverse health long term effects even on folks who dont show any symptoms.

Hospitilizations in Texas up 11% in 24 hours. Looks like that uptick in cases leads to hospitilizations. Who'd a thunk?

Abbott still won't make facial coverings mandatory, and has berated the Dallas county judge who suggested stiff penalties for people not wearing them inside of public establishments. All he did was call-out 20 somethings for being careless with facial coverings and not social distancing. Like they care.

Hospitilizations in Texas up 11% in 24 hours. Looks like that uptick in cases leads to hospitilizations. Who'd a thunk?

Next you are going to tell me that an uptick in hospitalizations eventually leads to an uptick in deaths.

We just need to stop all these dang testings! If you test, you have a case....Don't you get it?!

At this rate Florida and Texas are seemingly in a race to become the next Italy. Both governors are insistent they won't shut their states down again. Spiking cases plus leadership doing nothing is a healthcare system collapse waiting to happen. We're going to see some monumentally bad things happen over the rest of the summer.

At this rate Florida and Texas are seemingly in a race to become the next Italy. Both governors are insistent they won't shut their states down again. Spiking cases plus leadership doing nothing is a healthcare system collapse waiting to happen. We're going to see some monumentally bad things happen over the rest of the summer.
They don't even have to shut it down, just wear masks while socially distancing and be reasonable but they can't even do that.

At work today at a state medical school. Just saw 3 students in a small room together and none wearing masks.

They don't even have to shut it down, just wear masks while socially distancing and be reasonable but they can't even do that.

Yeah, they're literally doing nothing. It's insane. The number of people who are going to die because of what amounts to political posturing makes me ill just to think about.

Yeah, they're literally doing nothing. It's insane. The number of people who are going to die because of what amounts to political posturing makes me ill just to think about.

Actually they're doing less. The governor of Texas actually said cities can't make rules requiring masks. Now mayors of the major cities in Texas are asking him to change that.

I guess my question is when (not if) things eventually completely spiral out of control, do they just let it burn? After a certain point they won't be able to pretend things are fine, but will they keep trying?

Actually they're doing less. The governor of Texas actually said cities can't make rules requiring masks. Now mayors of the major cities in Texas are asking him to change that.
Yeah I love that one. I thought that was the best example of politics over health I’ve seen yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom