COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this rate Florida and Texas are seemingly in a race to become the next Italy. Both governors are insistent they won't shut their states down again. Spiking cases plus leadership doing nothing is a healthcare system collapse waiting to happen. We're going to see some monumentally bad things happen over the rest of the summer.
Don't discount Arizona..

well, this isn't good
========================
A woman in Dallas is fighting her second battle against the coronavirus.

Meredith McKee first tested positive for the potentially deadly virus in February, diagnosed after feeling "clear and obvious" symptoms, she told NBC 5.

"I had a dry cough like you would not believe. It would not stop,” McKee recalled, explaining that she managed to fight off the first bout of the virus from home.

She even donated some of her plasma after testing positive for antibodies.

"I felt great finally [doing] something good coming out of the hell that I’ve been through because I'm going to help up to eight people with this plasma,” she said.

However, last week, McKee shared a tearful photo of herself from a hospital bed at Texas Health Presbyterian in Dallas. After admitting herself with high blood pressure and a headache on Friday, she found out she was one again positive for COVID-19 four months after her initial diagnosis.

"I was floored when it was positive," McKee said.

Doctors are not sure why the virus sometimes reemerges — or if it is contagious the second time around. Some experts say that a second positive test could just mean that the virus is taking its time to leave the body, but that it can't infect others....................

Governor Abbott's reply will be that they will start mandating hospitals stop scheduling elective surgeries so that there will be more beds.

And there it is. Won't be long before someone will be SOL after a heart attack or other emergency.

well, this isn't good
========================

Meredith McKee first tested positive for the potentially deadly virus in February, diagnosed after feeling "clear and obvious" symptoms, she told NBC 5.

"I had a dry cough like you would not believe. It would not stop,” McKee recalled, explaining that she managed to fight off the first bout of the virus from home.

"I felt great finally [doing] something good coming out of the hell that I’ve been through because I'm going to help up to eight people with this plasma,” she said.

However, last week, McKee shared a tearful photo of herself from a hospital bed at Texas Health Presbyterian in Dallas. After admitting herself with high blood pressure and a headache on Friday, she found out she was one again positive for COVID-19 four months after her initial diagnosis.

Doctors are not sure why the virus sometimes reemerges — or if it is contagious the second time around. Some experts say that a second positive test could just mean that the virus is taking its time to leave the body, but that it can't infect others....................

This is disturbing.

Wait, called out for actually wearing one? Lol, that is dumb.
Friday I had my first overt encounter with an anti-mask person. I needed a belt for my zero-turn mower. I thought about ordering online, but decided to buy it from the small shop in Opelousas that I purchased the mower from. He's been very helpful over the years and so I opted to drive up and buy from him. I went in not expecting any masks and I was right. But I didn't expect the owner to make left-handed remarks because I was wearing one. I got an eye roll look and as he's ringing me up, he engages in a conversation with another customer behind me about how it's not serious and he won't wear and "go out in a blaze of glory" instead of masking up. I turned the conversation on him by saying "remember that ridiculously expensive cordless Stihl weed eater I bought from you last month, well it is more powerful than I imagined." He got off his rant after that and started speaking directly to me and not past me after that.

I don't have a problem with his decision to go the direction he wants to, but it was very disappointing to basically have him turn on me. And that stupid belt was about $40 after taxes. :oops:

Yeah that graph would be cool if we even had a counting standard.

The ark of the states don't mean squat if they dick around with numbers.

When states like Florida still have and additional 4k deaths accounted to something else I then won't believe any of the data from them.

We need a universal counting standard. Like yesterday!

with 1/3 the population...

While I don't doubt Arizona is spiking that's someone trying to make some other point with that statement. Let's compare spike to spike if we're going to do that or hospitalizations per 100k or something. Lots of states will have the same as New York at some point....but hopefully not as many as when NY spiked. Apples to apples.

Welp, several people at one of our projects tested positive, several more are pending.

This was after no cases were reported up until this week at that site.

But that project’s client made a big fuss out of Memorial Day weekend(incentivizing vacation and celebration), and the client basically did like Abbott and treated late May onward like Covid had been defeated(they were never great but at least tried to imbue some common sense behavior and practices).

I suspect this is the tip of the iceberg but we will see.

And ultimately this is entirely self defeating for Abbott’s goals of forcing the economy open, as these sorts of infrastructure projects all across the state, across sectors, from manufacturing to oil to chemical to wind and solar projects are at severe risk of outbreaks spooking and then further accelerating what has already been a trend toward slowdown or stoppage of investment projects of mass scale due to this crisis.

well, this isn't good
========================

When this was happening in China and South Korea I remember an organization stating that it wasn't possible.

This was the best that I could find. Mr. Sparkle posted it about 6 weeks ago.

They said that the second positive is just the test detecting dead viruses. I hope so, because that would mean that herd immunity is possible. If we can be reinfected then the hope for immunity, or a vaccine, is dead.

Last edited:
Anyone had mild symptoms and got over it? Last few days I've been tired... back has been hurting.. headaches... wife told me last night I was really warm. Took temp and it was 100. Went to bed and woke up to 98.8. Seems to be holding steady and I feel better this morning. Back isn't hurting as much, no headache, and feeling semi refreshed compared to recent days.
I had 3 days of a fluctuating fever 101 tops. I only took my temp because I had a day of mild coughing, and was really surprised to see I had a fever. It was off and on..99.7, 100, and then normal, but mostly 99+. Unlike a normal fever, it didnt spike overnight. When it reached 101 I took tylenol and it was right back down to normal. I continued working and masking/distancing in empty houses. I'm almost 2 weeks since symptoms, and will give it a few more days before I will be around my elderly parents.

Last edited:
well, this isn't good
========================

I don't like the wording of this article. It is not very clear. So she went into the hospital this second time because she had HBP and a headache? I'm guessing that they did some blood work on her, so did they detect the antibodies from her first bout or some actual virus? And does she just have virus in her or does she have cough, difficulty breathing, etc? Details would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom