COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had 3 days of a fluctuating fever 101 tops. I only took my temp because I had a day of mild coughing, and was really surprised to see I had a fever. It was off and on..99.7, 100, and then normal, but mostly 99+. Unlike a normal fever, it didnt spike overnight. When it reached 101 I took tylenol and it was right back down to normal. I continued working and masking/distancing in empty houses. I'm almost 2 weeks since symptoms, and will give it a few more days before I will be around my elderly parents.

The thing is I don't have cough or shortness of breath. My temp did go up to 99.2 again tonight.

If you go get tested, are they still backlogged on the results?

When this was happening in China and South Korea I remember an organization stating that it wasn't possible.

This was the best that I could find. Mr. Sparkle posted it about 6 weeks ago.

They said that the second positive is just the test detecting dead viruses. I hope so, because that would mean that herd immunity is possible. If we can be reinfected then the hope for immunity, or a vaccine, is dead.

It could also be possible that the second infection is a mutated version. Maybe not likely, but it's a thought.

The thing is I don't have cough or shortness of breath. My temp did go up to 99.2 again tonight.

I'd also look at the thermometer you're using and where you're taking temps. We have one that takes it in the ear. Not super accurate really. Good enough to tell me if a kid has a fever but not sure I'd believe a .6 difference.

Cases are skyrocketing to downright scary numbers in Texas, Arizona, Florida, etc.

Folks aren't wearing masks anymore. This whole 'opening up' thing has people thinking it's fine now. Buckle up

Friday I had my first overt encounter with an anti-mask person. I needed a belt for my zero-turn mower. I thought about ordering online, but decided to buy it from the small shop in Opelousas that I purchased the mower from. He's been very helpful over the years and so I opted to drive up and buy from him. I went in not expecting any masks and I was right. But I didn't expect the owner to make left-handed remarks because I was wearing one. I got an eye roll look and as he's ringing me up, he engages in a conversation with another customer behind me about how it's not serious and he won't wear and "go out in a blaze of glory" instead of masking up. I turned the conversation on him by saying "remember that ridiculously expensive cordless Stihl weed eater I bought from you last month, well it is more powerful than I imagined." He got off his rant after that and started speaking directly to me and not past me after that.

I don't have a problem with his decision to go the direction he wants to, but it was very disappointing to basically have him turn on me. And that stupid belt was about $40 after taxes. :oops:

I would have told him to shove the belt up his arse and ordered it online. But I'm petty like that.

I called to get tested and was told they would call me back. They never did. Had I been tested, it would've been "5-7 days" for results. It was a tented testing place just 5 miles from me, and I didnt need a Drs referral. Cost $90. On day 3 of my symptoms, I called again and I no longer had 2 symptoms, so didnt qualify to be tested. Symptoms were temp of at least100.4, and a cough, aches, shortness of breath, etc...My temp fluctuated so much, and I did have a general sluggish feeling, but mostly felt fine.

Last edited:
I seem to finally be shedding it. I was feeling a good bit better on Friday and Saturday, but then the next 2 days were bad with fever and exhaustion
In the last 48 hours only ran fever once and it was brief.
Mostly just tired and it hurts to take deep breath but my blood oxygen levels are fine

I seem to finally be shedding it. I was feeling a good bit better on Friday and Saturday, but then the next 2 days were bad with fever and exhaustion
In the last 48 hours only ran fever once and it was brief.
Mostly just tired and it hurts to take deep breath but my blood oxygen levels are fine

Client last week said she had this in early March. Same exact symptoms. She said the fatigue was the worst. Lasted 10 days then another 10 to get to full health.

This really pisses me off. The selfishness and arrogance of people who refuse to wear masks is something I never could have conceived of seeing in this day and age when there is a worldwide pandemic that has killed over 100K Americans already. Aww, it isn't comfortable? It gives you a rash? You're sticking it to the man cuz freedom? Congratulations on killing grandma and grandpa and putting God only knows how many people through a preventable virus because you're too stupid and selfish to care about anything but your own comfort. I'm getting to the point where I hope everyone who refuses to wear a mask and follow the physical distancing guidelines catches and suffers from this virus.
Been going to city park more with my family recently. We are the weirdos as barely anyone is wearing a mask. Have mercy on us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom