COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
after SARS, Ontario stockpiled a ton of masks, but the issue was the elasticized bands, apparently - as CB noted above. The masks, themselves, most people seemed to think were okay but agreed that these things could/should be inventoried better (they couldn't find all of them... whaaaa?) and rotated as stock. These supplies are always needed, so a couple of years before the extras expire, just release those to hospitals to use and don't order new ones.

It doesn't seem that difficult.

But reading about how states are bidding against one another for PPE is ridiculous.

I read where some states were trying to order them because the Fed told them to order it themselves, only to have the Fed bidding against them or seizing the ones that they'd ordered.

Every state needs them - why can't there be a central body or regional bodies to oversee the distribution of these things?

I only wish the Fed response was so bad you couldn't tell they were there.
Remember that cornerback who was objectively worse than empty grass?
That's these guys.

Last edited:
I've been wondering about what is separating the serious cases from the not-so-serious ones. It seems that viral load is a big deal. My totally non-medically trained hypothesis is that those picking up the virus via touching contaminated items and then touching their face, etc. might be introducing a small dose of virus into the body as far away from the critical organs as possible in transmission (meaning it has to do some traveling to get to the lungs) and are almost giving themselves a vaccine like dose. It gets in the sinus cavity and creates some havoc, but the body is putting up a good fight to keep it out of the lower respiratory system. On the other hand, those that are inhaling the virus and bringing it directly into the lungs are short circuiting this journey and thereby the body's ability to fight it off. Medical professionals are usually meticulous about their hand hygiene, etc. and would avoid that kind of infection, but when their PPE doesn't fit perfectly that one time and they inhale a big dose of the virus, suddenly they become one of the severe cases.

Again, no science to back this up. Just trying to make sense of the what, why, and how.

Not nearly as refined as boiling a bottom-dwelling arthropod alive, then ripping it in half before sucking out the juices from its head and devouring the meat from its tail.

OMG.......yes! That just seems so cruel & disgusting.

You just can't leave the political crap alone, even after warnings from a moderator.

There is a difference between the "federal government" and elected/partisan politics. We're not set up for kings or ruling parties, we're supposed to elect representatives and have checks and balances. We can gripe about the government's response all we want (those of us who vote) :hihi: without singling out individual politicians or ideologies...on this thread.

Did you ever consider your extreme reactions might be helping the pendulum swing wider each time? Members have the power to add other members to their "ignore" list.

I've been thinking that considering this whole situation is something that no state in the country is going to escape, are we in Louisiana "fortunate" to have been hit so hard early on? It seems like we'd have more access to PPE, ventilators, etc since many other places haven't been hit hard yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom