COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am eagerly waiting for Oschner's serologic study to come out that will add to this - if 40% of positive cases are asymptomatic that's a lot of people walking around Orleans that have already had it.

It's a good question and I don't really know the answer. But that won't stop me from speculating. :)

I recall seeing something about how the virus mostly spreads from "super spreader" events. Basically a large gathering of people in close proximity where an infected person is present. Mardi Gras, as many suspected, may have been exactly that. Our neighboring states didn't have that super spreader event during that time period and haven't really had them since. If that's the case, on a macro level it seems it will make it easier to control by just avoiding super spreader events. But, it doesn't bode well for events like football games and Jazz Fest even if they are outside.
It would be interesting to know how many in NO that caught it were just outside for Mardi gras or sis folks catch it in bars or at the galas after the parades. Lots of indoor parties too.

It would be interesting to know how many in NO that caught it were just outside for Mardi gras or sis folks catch it in bars or at the galas after the parades. Lots of indoor parties too.

True. Lots of stuff does happen indoors during Mardi Gras. But, that's also true of Jazz Fest and at least Saints football games.

That pug got the shaft

EZj7D5VXQAAiBdf

I have substantial doubt about their future because a new, blockbuster movie ticket is over $20, I have an assigned seat despite being the first person at the theater, and a drink costs $13.

Just let me have pay per view at home. It's still $20 but I don't have to drive, I can drink whatever I want, and I can pause to pee.

Still money laundering my man. Also, look up Saddam and Atlanta Fed.
Don’t deny that it doesn’t happen at all, but there are other, much smarter ways to handle funding US-funded
Still money laundering my man. Also, look up Saddam and Atlanta Fed.
I am aware of this event . It took place well before AML as we know it today. My point is that due to the advancement in money laundering, any funding of illicit activity by the US will not be going through our financial system. It’s possible but carries significant risk.

Yay humidity!

So Louisiana and the rest of the Gulf South are now protected in a smothering blanket of humidity for the next few months. Good. Too bad it can't continue past that.

10 days out from the Memorial Day superspreader event that is keeping Orleans in Phase I

So Louisiana and the rest of the Gulf South are now protected in a smothering blanket of humidity for the next few months. Good. Too bad it can't continue past that.

It's only humid outside. If you're inside with A/C and other people you're fair game. Save money by turning off the AC. Use fans. Win-win. :D (I'm sure this will go over real big. )

It's only humid outside. If you're inside with A/C and other people you're fair game. Save money by turning off the AC. Use fans. Win-win. :D (I'm sure this will go over real big. )
It’s supposed to be 109 here today with 25% humidity. I’ll just socially distance instead of turning on a humidifier and turning off my AC.

It’s supposed to be 109 here today with 25% humidity. I’ll just socially distance instead of turning on a humidifier and turning off my AC.
Solution: Swamp cooler! That was the only good thing about teaching in a portable building in Arizona when it was 110 degrees outside. I loved that thing, even though it dripped and blew a lightbulb in my overhead projector. Ah, the good old days before A/C and Promethean Boards. :hihi:

1591297975407.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom