(COVID-19) Who's freaking out more in your world: KIDS or ADULTS? (1 Viewer)

Honestly, I don't know anyone freaking out. My friend, that has other health issues, doesn't go to the stores, but he welcomes guests in his house.

I"m 54 and no other health issues, I wash myself and keep the trash to a minimum, not concerned about it at all. I do my weekly shopping and errands, I like the fact there are no lines. I have to start teaching on lline, not sure how that will go.

12 times minimum.

i have really lost my mind early on. I have a forehead thermometer that i have already worn the battery out. Had to replace last night.

i never suffered from ocd/anxiety and found myself a week ago, darn near frozen one day.

Im getting better but now my wife is really starting to let it get to her. I have told her to remove her FB presence because reading story after story isnt going to help. I leave work, i check the COVID thread maybe once now. and DEF not before bed.
Agreed. I had to stop going to the COVID thread. I haven't looked at it since yesterday morning. I had to go get groceries at Walmart yesterday and that drove my anxiety levels through the roof and I NEVER have anxiety issues.

I like the fact there are no lines.
Hmmm, where exactly is this magical store where there are no lines? I want to shop there. My Walmart trip dang near killed me. Did you know it's impossible to hold your breath for 45 minutes? I do....because I tried. ;)

It's weird, I'm chronically anxious about some things, but when there's any kind of actual crisis, I'm pretty relaxed about it. So I'm OK. In part thanks to the thread we've had going here since January, I feel like I know what's going on, and we were pretty well prepared for it. I'm also fortunate in that I can work from home so financially we're OK, for now at least.

My wife, though, is hyper anxious and OCD about germs normally, and is trying hard not to freak out about it all. I keep reminding her she was already at the level everyone else is trying to get to, but she's trying to reach new levels of hygiene previously unknown to man. I joked we should get some plastic sheeting and set up the hall by the door as a decontamination zone, and I think she'd take me seriously if it didn't mean going out to get plastic sheeting.

Our three year old is absolutely fine. He did ask us, "What's a virus?" when we were talking about it, but we explained (straight up), and he was fine with it because "I'm a good hand washer!" Later my wife had a headache and he got his doctor's kit out to help her (which is a thing he does). Checked her blood pressure, looked in her ears, then took her 'heartbeep', and suddenly froze. "Oh NO! You've got... " *serious low toddler voice* "...germs."

But then he gave her a 'vitamin injection' so she was OK.

So in our world, adults are definitely freaking out more overall. At least until adults have come up with magic vitamin injections for this.
Sounds like you have a wonderful future doc there! ??

Hmmm, where exactly is this magical store where there are no lines? I want to shop there. My Walmart trip dang near killed me. Did you know it's impossible to hold your breath for 45 minutes? I do....because I tried. ;)

Went to Costco & I was elated when I saw tons of empty parking spots. Then I saw the line of people to get in, & it went FOREVER!!! I thought forget that......even if I have to pay more $$$ at another place, it beats standing in line forever.

Then I went to our local grocery store. Another line to get in!!!! They will only allow so many in the store at once. Thankfully the line went fast.
However, once inside the store, it was just PATHETIC. Empty shelves everywhere. Americans must just be scared that they will not be able to get food & supplies.

However, once inside the store, it was just PATHETIC. Empty shelves everywhere. Americans must just be scared that they will not be able to get food & supplies.
Right. There is a MASSIVE wave of panic buying and not just of toilet paper. I wonder what the sales totals at just Walmarts across the country has been in the past week.

I get paranoid anytime I feel even the slightest of tingle of something in my throat. It has gone away each and every time thankfully up to this point.

Yesterday, my 7-year old merely sneezed once, and my heart skipped a bit.

This all just sucks.

On the plus side, I've managed to get my 7 year old to start taking Flinstone vitamins. On the double plus side, I've started taking them again too.

Only negative is you're not supposed to take more than one a day.

Right. There is a MASSIVE wave of panic buying and not just of toilet paper. I wonder what the sales totals at just Walmarts across the country has been in the past week.
Forgot to mention.......CVS has toilet paper & paper towels!!!!! I don’t know why they have better suppliers than everyone else, but I guess they do.

Forgot to mention.......CVS has toilet paper & paper towels!!!!! I don’t know why they have better suppliers than everyone else, but I guess they do.
Let's hope that trend continues everywhere. Surely by now, everyone has more than enough toilet paper?

My 16 yo millenial brat know she'd probably knock the wutang flu out like a common cold. She don't care. My bad! Not enough religion.

Let's hope that trend continues everywhere. Surely by now, everyone has more than enough toilet paper?

Lord only knows what people are putting in the toilet.......I have read about clogged up sewer lines & stuff wrecking up the treatment plants - UGH!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom