(COVID-19) Who's freaking out more in your world: KIDS or ADULTS? (3 Viewers)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
I'd have to say adults, because kids seem to be pretty chill.

Adults hoarding stuff and overreacting has been over the top. Also, the media (in some cases) is putting kerosene on the fire.

I’m seeing best case scenario of a vaccine to market is 18 months. They’ve already started human trials and they need 14 months to make sure it doesn’t kill the subject. Then another 4 to produce to market. Our economy will be a smoldering ruin by then. May God have mercy on our souls.

Kids have zero concept as to the big picture of what's happening. They have zero reason to freak out. I, on the other hand, grow more and more freaked out with each passing day.

How many times a day are you supposed to think you have coronavirus?
About the same number of times that you take your temperature. I've thought I have coronavirus about 10 times this evening. Paranoia is setting in.

About the same number of times that you take your temperature. I've thought I have coronavirus about 10 times this evening. Paranoia is setting in.

Might be time to step away for a while. Put yourself on a schedule with meaningful away time - a book, musical instrument, whatever.

You can do this. :9:

I had the runs this morning and thought that’s not one of the major symptoms. I should be fine. Then today I read that a bunch of the more serious cases started with runs and stomach issues. This sucks.

my kid is doing national AP testing stuff she only has to put up my screaming "SPORT THE WARRRRRRR!!!! WARRRR SUPPORRRRT!!!!!"

as long as we dont have deaths in the family she is unfazed

12 times minimum.

i have really lost my mind early on. I have a forehead thermometer that i have already worn the battery out. Had to replace last night.

i never suffered from ocd/anxiety and found myself a week ago, darn near frozen one day.

Im getting better but now my wife is really starting to let it get to her. I have told her to remove her FB presence because reading story after story isnt going to help. I leave work, i check the COVID thread maybe once now. and DEF not before bed.

I had the runs this morning and thought that’s not one of the major symptoms. I should be fine. Then today I read that a bunch of the more serious cases started with runs and stomach issues. This sucks.

im with you.

2 weeks ago, started with a sinus infection. Thursday March 5. Sore throat for a day, then full on head congestion. 2 days of Allergra D and subsided a bit. That Sunday, started in chest. ( normal routine actually for me to get head then chest ) That lasted for about 4 days. That following Thursday, i did a tele-doc call. Said to get a neti pot. lol
Gave me a lil piece of mind. Then Friday woke with congestion ramping up again and have had ever since.

I notice when my anxiety ramps up, i feel "hot" so i get up and take temp. But its a vicious cycle. Self-feeding. so i have to break the loop.

Im sitting here typing this and blowing my nose.

this is nuts.

bruh... the first 3 symptoms are just "seasonal allergies" to me. not necessarily every year but sometimes 2x a year I need steroids/antibiotics from tonsillitis caused by tree pollen and grass pollen. every day I pray I dont have fever even though low grade is standard with tonsillitis.

So, obviously all the stress doesn't help. It will make you susceptible to all kinds of illnesses. Make sure you hydrate and get plenty of sleep. The last is super important -- 7-9 hours a night.

Don't overthink this. Yes, COVID-19 is serious. No, you probably aren't going to die or need to go to the hospital. Keep that in mind and go about your (socially isolated) day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom