COVID Edit :) I created a NFL based strategy card game. Anyone wanna check it out? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
COVID Edit :)

I've had a lot of free time due to the virus, so I've been working on this a lot more! Obviously I'm not looking to get a group together, but if anyone here is slightly computer literate and want to test out the online version of this game let me know!

It's really easy to get going, there is a free card game simulator called Cockatrice. Once you download the program, you import the custom files for my game and you're good to go! It literally takes about 3 minutes. I might actually make an instruction video for it.

If you're interested, DM me, or replay here. I can use Skype, Discord, Zoom or something to help anyone get it going. Plus, voice comm is much better to use than text-chat to play the game since the program only does the basic card game functions, and you have to declare what you're choices are in the game since certain things have to be done at certain times, so it's easier to say it than to type it.

-----Original Post----
Any gamers here into CCG/TCG's around the New Iberia/Lafayette area? I've created a homebrew CCG based on football. I've created my own card design, printed em out and have been play testing it with friends for a while and always making adjustments and balancing it. I'm not trying to make money off this, it's just a thing I did to have some fun with some of my friends that are card gamers but also die hard Saints fans. It can be played by constructing your own team by following a "salary cap" or with 6 people doing a fantasy draft.

I also have a way to play online with a 3rd party M:tg simulation program that lets you import custom cards, it's not rules enforced so it works great. If anyone is interested, let me know! I have a Discord channel setup that makes the online version easy to manage and play, but it's a lot more fun in person!

Attachments

• FTB Online 2.PNG
    FTB Online 2.PNG
    535.9 KB · Views: 31
  • FTB Online.PNG
    FTB Online.PNG
    446 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3888.JPG
    IMG_3888.JPG
    812.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3889.JPG
    IMG_3889.JPG
    756.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I don't like this idea. I love it!

Yeah, you'd probably never make a profit from it because I think you'd have to get permission from the NFL. That might cost you.

But what they don't know about, won't hurt you.

What did you use to make the cards, GameCrafter?

I'd love to play in person, but I live in Biloxi. I've never used Discord. I'll have to check that out.

Yea, I think the massive cut of profits or flat licensing rate the NFL would charge would never allow this to go to production. For my custom card design, I just used photoshop and made templates and tediously entered all the player stats... It took forever. For the online version I used Magic Set Editor which was a lot faster, especially since it's a simplified version.

Discord is great, You can download and run it on your phone/pc or use it in your web browser. I've used a few different apps to communicate when gaming with friends online and Discord is by far the best.

Why not adapt it to make it non-NFL related? If the system is good, you don’t need NFL names, just change the names and make it play the same.

If it ended up being anything other than a hobby type thing from some company wanting to hire me to develop it further, or buy it off me, I sure as hell would. But since I'm just doing it just for me and a few friends to play on occasion, dropping a D.Hoppe WR, Jack Johnson and John Jackson in the backfield with G.Player as your legendary QB.... just doesn't have quit the same effect as seeing a W.Payton hit the field next to B.Sanders and R.Moss when D.Brees is your QB.

Bump for COVID - All this time has given the chance to work on this some more, would love to get some people to help me test some changes I've made!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom